The Principal's Message
Cambridge School's Weekly Parent Newsletter
~ The Upcoming Week ~
FIELD DAY HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED!!!!!!!
Happy Flag Day & Happy Father's Day!
6.16.2014 - Monday
- Pre-School Field Day
6.17.2014 - Tuesday
6.18.2014 - Wednesday
- 10am - 5th Grade Farewell (at Crossroads South)
6.19.2014 - Thursday
- Pre-School Picnic
- 3rd Grade Picnic
- 4th Grade Picnic
- 5th Grade Visit to Crossroads
6.20.2014 - Friday
- FIELD DAY!!! - TAKE TWO!!!
- "Principal on the Roof!" ~ I'm going to be ok! :)
~ IMPORTANT NOTES ~
FROM THE PRINCIPAL'S DESK
Please note that FIELD DAY has been rescheduled to Friday, June 20th!!! Mrs. O'Brien has sent out information requesting an update to the parent volunteer list. Also rescheduled is my visit to the roof! I am hoping for clearer weather on Friday, June 20th.
Congratulations to the students in Band!! The concert this week was wonderful!! Thank you to Mr. Brungard for his hard work and preparation!
We are eagerly looking forward to this week's special recognition of our 5th Grade students as we celebrate their accomplishments at the annual 5th Grade Farewell Ceremony on June 18th.
Thank you for your support and enjoy the weekend.
Mrs. Capes :)
Click here for the 2014-2015 school calendar. --> 2014 - 2015 SCHOOL CALENDAR
FIELD DAY NOTE!!!!! - FRIDAY, JUNE 20th!
Due to the overwhelming response from the wonderful parent volunteers, we will have many visitors at the building on Field Day. For the safety and security of our students, we are limiting all visitors to those who are registered as official volunteers. Please do not walk the grounds unless you have an official "Field Day Volunteer" sticker. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation. Should you need to be at the building for any reason, you must register in the main office and we will assist you with whatever is needed.
Also, PLEASE remember to...
- Put sun block on at home before coming to school.
- Wear a hat to protect from the heat.
- Remember to wear your sneakers
- Bring a disposable water bottle and perhaps a change of clothes.
- Most important – Be prepared for a great day!
***All Field Day Volunteer e-mails have been sent. You should also receive the description of your area in your child's backpack no later than today.***
DISTRICT LETTER REGARDING EMAIL ADDRESSES
~ PTO NEWS ~
~ NURSE NOTES ~
From Mrs. Guidice's Health Office
SUMMER SAFETY TIPS
· Put sunscreen on 30 minutes before going outdoors, it needs time to work on the skin.
· Use sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher, re-apply every 2 hours.
· Wear a hat and sunglasses.
· Don’t swim alone.
· Wear a life vest while boating.
· Supervise children at all times in and near water.
· Wear your seatbelt at all times.
· Don’t travel with anyone who has been drinking.
· Make sure your vehicle has been serviced before a long road trip.
· Wash hand thoroughly with soap and warm water before handling food.
· To guard against cross-contamination of bacteria, keep uncooked meats away from other foods.
· Refrigerate all perishable food within two hours.
· Never grill indoors.
· Always supervise a grill when in use, keeping children away from the grill.
· Use long-handled tools especially made for cooking on the grill to prevent any burns.
Enjoy the holiday weekend with friends and family.
- June 18th - 5th Grade Recognition Ceremony 10am (AT CROSSROADS SOUTH)
- June 20th - Field Day RESCHEDULED!!
- June 24th - Last Day of School for Students **EARLY RELEASE DAY**