1E Newsletter: Week of December 6
What's going on in 1st Grade!
Online Class Documents
- Monday, Dec. 7: National Costume, Opening Ceremony (students and teachers)
- Tuesday, Dec. 8: Sports Jersey, 5th Grade Concert
- Wednesday, Dec. 9: Qatar Colors, International Week Buffet
- Thursday, Dec. 10: International Day t-shirt, AMA Fresh Roukak sample, Closing Ceremony (students and teachers)
We will be talking about our own customs in class and all the places that we consider ourselves to be from! I consider myself to be from many different places-- adopted from Taiwan, US passport holder, grew up in Singapore, living in Qatar. I can't wait to hear where all the kids are "from"!
Discuss what country is special to you and what makes it special and different from other countries. Do they have traditions? During explore students will design an artifact that represents that country.
We are continuing to work on our personal narratives:
This week we will be focusing on how characters change:
We will be wrapping up and reviewing unit 2 this week as well as introducing place-value:
- characters in our stories come alive
- adding feelings
- adding actions
- adding dialogue
- characters change in pictures and words
- readers notice how characters' feelings change
- foot (physical) vs. heart (feelings) journey
Collecting Boxes and Paper Rolls
- December 7-10: International Week
- December 10: Movie Night- Outdoor- Rio
- December 17- Christmas Class Party, Pajama Day
- December 18-January 2: Winter Break