St. Columba Catholic School - News every Friday - 2/21/20
Heading into Lent
If you were not able to join us at Mass today, I wanted to share with you a special moment. Today, one of our second graders made a Profession of Faith to fully become a member of our Catholic Community as she is preparing for her sacraments of Reconciliation and First Communion. It was so special to look around our church and see an entire community in support of her as she made her Profession of Faith. I am continually reminded of what a special school we have and moments like today, really hit that home!
Related to our Faith, next week is Ash Wednesday. We will be having Mass at 8:15am on Wednesday and I would like to invite each and every one of you to attend. Ash Wednesday is a beautiful celebration and a great way to kick off lent and visually represent our faith and commitment to Christ.
Finally, Monday is somehow the halfway point of the third quarter. If you have not been on Gradelink, I would encourage you to get on sometime next week to check in on your students' progress this quarter.
Here is a look ahead at the upcoming events on campus:
- Monday, February 24: Third Quarter Half Way Point
- Tuesday, February 25: Hot Lunch Order Forms Due
- Wednesday, February 26: Ash Wednesday, Mass at 8:15am (FULL MASS UNIFORM - Bring PE clothes to change); Gala RSVPs Due
- Thursday, February 27:
- Friday, February 28: No Mass
Tuition Assistance One Week Away!!!
If you are seeking tuition assistance for the 2020-2021 school year, all items, including TADS and the St. Columba Application, must be completed by February 28th!
If you do not submit an application and complete all information in TADS, you will not be offered Tuition Assistance!
Gala RSVP's Due in on Wednesday!
If you will be joining us for our Gala on March 7 (which you all should!), please ensure that your RSVP cards are turned in by February 26th. This will help us get an accurate count to our caterers. Thanks!
Gala Raffle Ticket Updates - $2,200 sold so far!
So far, we have sold $2,200 worth of raffle tickets. We are shooting for a minimum of $5,000 worth of ticket sales. The Gala is just 2 weeks away, so we have some selling to do! I emailed all of the families with the incentives, but they are also below.
The thermometers are up and 1st grade has almost reached Class Incentive 1! I know we can all do it!
- Class Incentive 1: Each class that sells an average of $50 per student will receive a free dress day with extra recess. Preschoolers will have a different incentive determined by preschool staff.
- Class Incentive 2: Each class that sells an average of $75 per student will receive Class Incentive 1 and an Ice Cream and Movie Party.
- Class Incentive 3: Each class that sells an average of $100 per student will receive Class Incentives 1 and 2, along with a catered lunch from Rubios.
- Family Incentive 1: Each family that sells $200 will receive a $25 gift card of their choice
- Family Incentive 2: Each family that sells $400 or more will receive Family Incentive 1 along with their choice of 2 free Gala Tickets or an additional $25 gift card of their choice.
Track and Field Form
Track and Field Forms were sent home in the Family Envelopes today!