Reading and Sight Word Games - This site provides a variety of games for primary students as they learn their sight words and build reading comprehension.
Teaching Strategy: Fluency
Level: Any level of Reader (All Grade Levels)
Read Like You’ve Always Known It
When a student pauses to read a word (work out parts; prefixes, suffixes, etc.) ensure the child goes back to re-read the sentence in which the word was embedded. This helps the student to hold and build meaning within the larger text.
- I noticed you’re stopping to figure out that word. Make sure you go back and reread the sentence once you figure it out.
- Go back and read the whole sentence.
- Now that you know the word, go back and reread.
- Read it again with that word you just learned.
- Make sure that’s the right word; go back and reread the whole sentence.
- Read it again.
AIMS Education lessons are now in itslearning! Look in your grade level resource course in the Science folder.
Interactive Web Site for Continents (2nd Grade)
Interactive Web Site for States and Capitals (1st Grade)
Interactive Web Site for Community Helpers (Kindergarten)