GLA West Connections
Week of March 4-March 8
Growing into our Greatness ...Not a Moment to Waste!
Celebrating Black History and Read Across America!
Sign Up for Trimester 2 Report Card Conferences - Saturday, March 16, 2019
PSSA Parent Pep Rally/March Mathness
Wednesday, March 13th, 6-7:30pm
4601 West Girard Avenue
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
This Saturday, March 9th is the basketball semi-finals. Come support our Gators at any of the games! Basketball games are held in the gym at GLAW.
10 AM- Girls Game- People People vs. Freire
11 AM- Boys Game- Sankofa vs. Global West
12 PM- Boys Game- LEnfest Vs. Performing Arts
1 PM- Girls Game- Global Southwest vs. Richard Allen
We have officially kicked off our countdown to PSSAs!
The PSSA exams are around the corner - 22 days away! This year’s PSSA prep theme, “We Can Do It,” intends to encourage your scholar to work with diligence and confidence on the exam. As partners in your scholar’s learning, we want to share our initiatives alongside ways you can partner in order set your scholar up for success.
“We Can Do It:”
- Do Now Challenge: In order to help your scholar familiarize themselves with question types and content on the PSSA, teachers are integrating a problem each day into the math and ELA block. These are opportunities for scholars to practice and review content.
- Show What You Know Challenge: During Fitness Friday, we are adding a PSSA question portion. Classes will compete for the correct answer alongside physical challenges. This fun activity is a way to build energy and review for the PSSA.
- iReady: Ensure your scholars is getting at-home practice with content by spending 45-minutes per week on iReady math and reading.
- Attendance: Your scholar’s presence at school directly correlates to their success on the PSSA exam. Please ensure your scholar arrives on time daily in order to receive relevant instruction.
- Saturday School: We are hosting a PSSA prep beginning February 3rd to help scholars in need of additional help. Please contact Ms. Snyder at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating.
- ELA State-Wide Testing (3-8 grade): April 16-18
- Math State-Wide Testing (3-8 grade): April 29-30
- Science State-Wide Testing (4 & 8 grade): May 1-2