Friday, January 17, 2020
Fri, Jan 17 - WEPA Family Movie Night - 6:00 PM - Pine Street Gym - Free (Must Preregister)
Mon, Jan 20 - NO SCHOOL - Martin Luther King Day
Wed, Jan 29 - Half Day of School - Noon Dismissal
Fri, Jan 31 - Progress Reports Post to the Parent Portal
Mon, Feb 17 - Friday, March 6 - Baker & Dorr Elementary - REGISTRATION BEGINS
All Preschool Programs / Young 5's / Kindergarten Registration for the 2020/2021 School Year
Wed, Feb 19 - Early Childhood Night at Baker - 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Mid Winter Break - NO SCHOOL - Friday, Feb 21
Mid Winter Break - NO SCHOOL - Monday, Feb 24
Sat, Feb 29 - Daddy/Daughter Dance - 6-8 PM - Wayland Middle School - "Ties & Tieras" - Information coming home soon
Wed, March 18 - Half Day of School - Noon Dismissal
Spring Break - NO SCHOOL - Fri, April 3 - Fri, April 10, 2020. School resumes Monday, April 13.
HALF DAY - WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 29 - NOON DISMISSAL
Join Us For Our Final Parent Workshop
DID YOU MISS THE LAST PARENT WORKSHOP - HERE IT IS
FUN WAYS TO LEARN AT BAKER
HOSTED BY DORR ELEMENTARY PTO
Ties & Tiaras
Saturday, Feb. 29th, 6-8pm
Wayland Middle School
Onsite Photographer - Photos by Nickie
Three Photo Booths - Little Black Booth
Live Music - The Karaoke Guy DJ Jim
Volunteers are needed, please contact Dorr Elementary PTO President: Danielle Martin 616.890.2492.
Sickness At School
1) We have had several cases of lice in the building. Please remember to check at home for head lice and report any cases to the Baker office.
2) A parent should always report a student’s absence to the school office to excuse them for the day. Emergency contact numbers should be kept up-to-date. If a child becomes ill at school, they must go home. If a child is too sick to go out for recess, they are too sick to be in school. Children are expected to go out for recess everyday. If your child is out of school for an appointment, please bring proof of that appointment to the office to keep on file. We can then fill the absence/tardy as Excused for the day.
END OF DAY - PICK UP REMINDERS
1. All students should be picked up and signed out by 4:05.
2. Phone calls MUST be made by 3:00 if you have an end of the day change.
3. Student being picked up earlier than 3:55, MUST be picked up by 3:35 or else they will need to be placed in the 3:55 PM Pick Up group.
4. The office is closed during pick up time.
5. Bathrooms for younger siblings are not accessible during pick up.
6. Parent should not linger in the hallway. Pick up should be a quick walk, grab the child, sign them out and leave the building. We are not able to see what students are still left for pick up if parents and students are lingering and chatting in the hallway.
7. At this time of the year, students should be responsible for all their items. Many students are forgetting boots, mittens, folders, etc in the classroom. Students who forget items in the classroom will not be allowed to go back and get them until 4:05. Also - Most teachers lock their room while they are taking other kids to the bus. A lot of staff leave right away since their day is over. Rooms are not always accessible after school dismisses. Please encourage children to remember all their things as they leave the class. This is teaching them responsibility.
School Closings & Delays
ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR THE 2020/2021 SCHOOL YEAR BEGINS MONDAY, FEB 17 - PRESCHOOL, KINDERGARTEN & YOUNG 5'S
EARLY CHILDHOOD NIGHT - COMING SOON!!!
When: Wednesday February 19 - From 6:00 - 7:30 PM
Where: Baker Elementary
Who Should Come: Parents and potential students
*** Tell neighbors and parents of younger siblings that we will be hosting a community night where parents get a chance to check out all of our wonderful early childhood programs here at Baker Elementary and get a chance to tour classrooms and meet with teachers!
Dorr Elementary will host their Early Childhood Night on Tuesday, February 18, 6:00 - 7:30 PM