Weekly Warrior Update
May 24, 2020
Follow CVUSD & WHS through our Websites & on Social Media
Westlake High School Website - http://www.conejousd.org/whs
CVUSD Twitter - @ConejoValleyUSD
Westlake High School Twitter - @WestlakeHS_CA
CVUSD Facebook - www.facebook.com/ConejoValleyUnifiedSchoolDistrict/
Westlake High School Facebook - www.facebook.com/WestlakeHSWarriors/
Westlake High School Instagram - @westlakehs_warriors
Westlake High School Counseling Instagram - @westlake_high_counseling
20-21 CVUSD School Planning Surveys Review & WHS Site Council Meeting (5/26)
Learning from Home Student & Family Resource Pages
CVUSD has consolidated and enhanced Distance Learning Resource Videos for students and families onto the following Smore links. In addition, these links are available on the CVUSD website in the Distance Learning Resources ribbon. We hope that these resources are helpful for yoru student and family.
Updates & Information for our Senior Students & Families
- Here is a link to the s'more page that was created specifically for Seniors. It includes information related to collection of items, distribution of items, and our currently planned celebrations. https://www.smore.com/zhg3u
- Are you a Senior who was unable to pickup their lawn sign, car decal, graduation announcements, and/or cap & gown? Come to the WHS Attendance Office between 9:00am and 12:00pm on Tuesdays or Thursdays to get your items.
Updates & Information for our 9th, 10th, & 11th Grade Students & Families
Please visit this page for this detailed information. https://www.smore.com/cwvfq
2020 Summer School Information
Conejo Valley Unified School District is proud to support its students’ diverse academic needs, and ambitions. As such, the district is providing a listing of the many different opportunities for students to continue their education during the summer months. Students may choose to enroll in a summer school program for acceleration and/or credit recovery purposes. Students may enroll in any summer school program and earn up to 20 credits towards graduation. Examples of available programs are listed in the flyer below.
Updates & Information from CVUSD - May e-Newsletter
The Conejo Valley Unified School District continues to send updated information and resources through our all-call and email system. Please continue to visit http://conejousd.org/Coronavirus-Health-Safety-Tips-and-Information for all of this information.
In addition, the CVUSD May e-Newsletter is now online. Click here to access the newsletter.
Westlake Arrow Newspaper
Thank you for supporting our student journalists!
WHS PTSA Newsletter
WHS College & Career Center Happenings
WHS is looking for Parent Reps for the 20-21 School Year
**DEADLINE TO APPLY EXTENDED TO Friday, May 22nd**
We have entered the time of the year when we begin planning for the upcoming 20-21 school year. An important part of this planning is seeking out parents to represent Westlake High School in various capacities.
These positions include:
- · District Advisory Council (DAC) Representative
- · Gifted and Talented Education District Advisory Council (GATE DAC) Representative
- · Special Education District Advisory Council (SEDAC) Representative
- · District English Language Advisory Committee (DELAC) Representative
For more information about these various groups, please click on the appropriate links below.
- · District Advisory Council (DAC)
- · Gifted and Talented Education District Advisory Council (GATE DAC)
- · Special Education District Advisory Council (SEDAC)
- · District English Language Advisory Committee (DELAC)
To serve as a representative, it would be expected that you would attend monthly district meetings for the role you are serving. In addition, you would attend our monthly Westlake High School School Site Council (SSC) meetings to provide updates and information. The WHS SSC meetings are typically held on the fourth Tuesday of the month at 3:00pm on the WHS campus. The schedule for the district meetings vary based on the role you are serving.
We appreciate your consideration in serving as a parent representative for Westlake High School. We are requesting that those interested please apply by Friday, May 22nd. Please complete the form below to express your interest.