Alba Middle School Newsletter April 26, 2021
Spring Scrimmage Game will be May 4th at 5 p.m. at Bryant High School
Congratulations to our 2021-2022 Alba Dance Team!
The first practice will be Tuesday, April 27th from 3:45-5:45. Mandatory parent meeting in the gym at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, April 27th.
NJHS Aceeptance Letters are being sent out today. In-Person students will receive their letter today. Virtual students' letters were mailed today. NJHS Inductions will be held the afternoon of May 6th. Students only can attend, event will be streamed for family and friends.
Volleyball Tryout Information
If there are any upcoming 7th or 8th grade girls interested in trying out for volleyball for the 2021 season, There will be a MANDATORY parent meeting on April 26th in Alba’s gym at 6:00 p.m. Paperwork MUST be completed before the parent meeting. There will be a clinic held before tryouts April 28th, April 29th, and April 30th until 4:30 in Alba’s gym. TRYOUTS will be May 5th, 6th, and 7th until 4:30. Students will not be able to attend clinic or tryouts without paperwork completed. Please contact Coach Goodwin with questions.
Alba Spring Football Information
6th and 7th Graders interested in playing football, need to complete their DragonFly documents and physical no later than March 26th. If they have not already set up an account through DragonFly, this is the first thing they need to accomplish. Once their account is set up, they can begin completing the checklist in DragonFly. DRAGONFLY AND A CURRENT PHYSICAL MUST BE ON FILE AND APPROVED BY THE SCHOOL TO TRY OUT FOR FOOTBALL! If a student is currently playing a school sport, i.e. baseball, or they played basketball, then they do not have to do anything (if their physical is up to date). We have a TENTATIVE date of April 29th to play a Spring game. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the school for more information.
Sign up and complete DragonFly electronic documents.
Have a current physical signed off by a certified doctor. All physicals must be signed and dated by a Doctor.
NFHS Sportsmanship Course certificate (upload to DragonFly).
Copy of insurance coverage (upload to DragonFly).
Copy of birth certificate (returning athletes should have one on file).
This is mandatory for any students that want to play football.
Shark of the Week
Kona Ice will be here Tuesday, April 27th
Attention 8th Graders:
Dear Parents/Guardians of 8th Grade Alba Students,
We at Alba Middle School will celebrate our 8th graders with an Honors Day program to recognize their achievements this year. Due to COVID restrictions the ceremony will be attended by STUDENTS ONLY. The safety and well-being of every student and our community is our utmost priority, but we did not want to miss this opportunity to honor our students in the best way currently possible.
We invite parents, family and friends to view the ceremony live-streamed on our website, as we want you to be a part of this special day as much as restrictions will currently allow.
• The ceremony will be Tuesday, May 25th at 9:30 A.M. It will last a little longer than an hour.
• Virtual students who wish to attend will need to be dropped off at the gym doors at 8:30 A.M.
• 8th graders should wear clothes that are nice, but not extra dressy or too casual. No jeans, tennis shoes, or t-shirts are to be worn.
• Suggested clothing: Boys can wear pants (no jeans) and a button-up shirt or 3-button shirt.
• Girls can wear pants (no jeans) and a nice shirt, or a skirt and blouse, or a dress. No rompers. Girls need to be aware they cannot wear skirts or dresses that are too short, as these will appear 3-4 inches shorter when the girls walk across the stage. No strapless dresses can be worn. If your blouse or dress is sleeveless the straps must be at least an inch wide, or you must wear a jacket over your shoulders. If you wear shoes with heels make sure that you are comfortable walking in them. You will walk up stairs and across the stage.
• Instead of their uniforms, students will wear their ceremony clothes to school and wear them until they go home. They do not need to bring a uniform to wear after the ceremony.
• Remote students can be picked up from the gym after the ceremony.
• Please do not wait to bring your student until right before the ceremony starts.
• Students will be given a copy of the ceremony program in the folder with their certificates.
• If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the office by calling 251-824-4134.
We are so proud of our 8th grade class and all that they have accomplished in this difficult and trying year.
The live stream of the ceremony will be linked to our Alba Middle School Facebook page and we plan to stream it on the site www.albasharks.com/live. We will post the links on our Facebook page closer to the ceremony date.
Bryant High School Volleyball Tryout Information:
When: May 3rd-6th
Location: Alma Bryant Gym (tryouts are closed to parents--athletes only)
Directions for tryouts: All paperwork must be completed by Monday April 26th. No late submissions will be accepted!!! All documents are electronically uploaded to Dragonfly Max. All links are located at the bottom of the page.
Tryout Sign-up Doc:
Instructions for Dragonfly Max: https://content.schoolinsites.com/.../9bef4f0182fb49c3946...
Dragonfly Max: http://www.dragonflymax.com/
Students CANNOT be dropped off before 7:10. Teachers are not on duty until this time. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
From our School Nurse:
Hot lunches can be picked up daily for virtual students:
Register now for the 21st Century Summer Program!
Registration for the Summer 21st CCLC Program will start June 1st. The summer program will be held June 1st – July 6th, Mondays – Thursdays, 8:00a. -1:00pm.