- Bully victims are 2-9 more likely to commit suicide. (Yale University)
- 1/2 of suicides are related to bullying.
- 10 to 14 year old girls are at the highest risk for suicide.
- 30 % of students are either the bully or are the ones being bullied.
- 160,000 kids stay home from school and other events because of the fear of being bullied.
What should you do if your being Cyberbullied?
Don’t respond-your reaction is what the person wants.
Don’t get back-turns you into the bully and angers the bully even more.
Save the evidence- digital bullying can be saved and proved. It can be lots of help later.
Tell a trusted adult- they can back you up and help you do something about it.
Block the bully- social media has privacy setting for a reason, use them.
Be civil- be the bigger person, don’t give into their childish behavior.
Don’t be a bully- think of how others would feel, or walk a mile in their shoes.
Be a friend- tells them nicely to stop and that the behavior is unacceptable.
Ways to prevent Cyberbullying?
If you dont know them don't friend them or follow them.
Know they aren't very nice, don't friend them, follow them and block them if neccary.
Ways to Keep yourself safe
Think, Friends, Kind, Password, Privacy, Hurt
World will be a much happier place.
Don't be a hypocrite
Make sure you are not the one doing it back.