Family Newsletter February 2020
Please Take a Look at These Important Announcements!
The Next Fun Friday Snack is February 21st!!
Students may buy snacks for $1.00 each.
These will be snacks not normally sold on regular days, such as candy, soda, chips, etc.
Here is a list of dates for this semester:
- Feb. 21
- March 6
- March 20
- April 10
- April 24
*All proceeds from Fun Friday Snacks go towards general purchases for the school.*
**Fun Friday Snack Time sales are in compliance with the "Alabama’s Implementation of USDA Smart Snacks in School and Exempt Fundraiser Guidelines"**
Help Our School and Buy a School Snack!
We appreciate your help!
Please Wear PE/Recess Appropriate Shoes to School
Important School Information
21st Century Community Learning Center After School Program
Program Information: https://www.elkmontelem.org/21stcenturyafterschoolprogram
Program Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/EES21stCCLC/?ref=bookmarks
For more information, please email our Site Director, Mrs. Kriston Cagle at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 256-278-9663
Get Connected and Follow Us on Social Media:
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/ElkmontElem
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/ElkmontElem
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ElkmontElem
- Website: www.ElkmontElem.org (NOW COMPLETE...check it out! )
- Morning: Students should NEVER exit the car until Coach Simmons gives the "GREEN" signal from the front of the line. This will ensure that all students are safe from moving cars. Parents, please do not move you cars until Coach Simmons motions for you to do so.
- Afternoon: Please place your car rider number in a visible place in your windshield. If you need a Car Rider number, please email Mrs. James at email@example.com
Absence from School: If your child is absent, please send an excuse within 3 days of the day your child returns to school. You have 5 parent notes you can use each semester if a doctor's excuse is not available.
- 6th - STAR Testing Ends
- 13th - Progress Reports Go Home
- 13th - Sweetheart Dance
- 14th - Mrs. James's Last Day
- 17th - President's Day, No School
- 21st - Fun Friday Snack
- 26th - 1/2 Day for Students (11:10 Dismissal Time)
- 28th - Attendance/Truancy Meeting with Parents
- 2nd - March Madness Reading Challenge Begins (Kick-Off Pep Rally)
- 2nd - Read Across America Week Begins
- 2nd-6th - Spring Book Fair
- 5th - Kona Ice
- 20th - Fun Friday Snack
- 27th - Attendance/Truancy Meeting with Parents
- 27th - Report Cards Go Home
- 30th - April 3rd Spring Break
- 10th - Fun Friday Snack
- 24th - Fun Friday Snack
- 24th - Attendance/Truancy Meeting with Parents
- 29th - DIBELS Testing Begins
- 1st - STAR Reading and Math Testing Begins
- 5th - Progress Reports Go Home
- 13th - DIBELS Testing Ends
- 21st - Last Day for Students (1/2 Days), Report Cards Go Home
- 22nd - Teacher Workday