Family Newsletter October 2019
State Report Card Results
Elkmont Elementary received an overall 81 for the 2018-2019 State Report Card. This is a significant improvement from last year’s score of 75. Overall, Elkmont Elementary improved in each scoring category.
- Academic Achievement - 70.43
- Academic Growth - 90.71
- Chronic Absenteeism - Decreased from 25.56 to 17.3
Join us THURSDAY for our Fall Festival and Silent Auction!
Please join us on Thursday, October 24th for the Elkmont Elementary Fall Festival and Silent Auction from 6:00-8:00 in the Old Gym! This is a FREE Admission event for our community. Please see the attached flyers for all of the information. This information will go home with your child today. All games/inflatables will be free along with a hotdog and drink for each person. There will be 4 ticketed activities.
You can pre-order tickets for ticketed items starting tomorrow through Tuesday, October 22. All tickets will be sent home with students on Tuesday, October 22nd. Tickets can also be purchased the night of the event. The Silent Auction will begin at 6:00 and end at 7:15. Please see the silent auction flyers for more details. Our highest valued item for the silent auction is an Amish made saddle valued at $1000. There are photos in this post of the saddle. We hope to see you next Thursday!!
Veterans Day Program
The EHS/EES Veteran’s Day Program will be Friday, November 8th at 9:00 am. We will have a slideshow to show Veterans from our community and those who are relatives of our faculty and students. If you would like to submit a photo, please complete this form and attach a photo of the Veteran. Or, you can email this information and a digital photo file to Jacob.Ryan@lcsk12.org.
Elkmont Talent Show Nov. 15th
The Elkmont Talent Show will be held on Friday, November 15th at 6:00 pm in the Old Gym. This is a great time to showcase talent and enjoy time with the Elkmont community!
Those interested in performing an act in the Talent Show must read the RULES AND PROCEDURES in the link below along with their parents, complete the registration form, and have a parent sign the permission slip. Students MAY NOT audition without having this form signed.
The auditions will be Wednesday, October 30th from 3:00pm until 5:00pm in the cafeteria. When students turn in the required forms, they will be assigned an audition timeslot. Those selected from auditions will be notified on Thursday, October 31st by letter.
TEAM EES Elections
The following people were voted in as the officers of TEAM EES for the 2019-2020 school year:
Lanita Murrah, President
Amanda Mims, Vice President
Melissa Morris, Secretary
Jessica Head, Treasurer
Also, the Bylaws in the link below were adopted for the 2019-2020 school year. Membership/Volunteer forms with meeting dates will be sent home soon. It does not cost to join TEAM EES!
Workout Wednesday Nov. 13th
Important School Information
Help Our School and Buy a School Snack!
We appreciate your help!
Fun Friday Snack September 20
Please Wear PE/Recess Appropriate Shoes to School
Kids and Kin
The Kids and Kin Program has been specifically designed to meet the needs of relative child care providers and to raise their level of awareness about the importance of their roles. Educational workshops, resources, support activities, and a quarterly provider newsletter are offered to relative care providers which impact the quality of child care available in our communities. Kids and Kin includes a Voluntary Certification Program through which providers earn health and safety items, books, and learning materials for attending free training sessions related to quality child care enhancement. Participation in the Kids and Kin Program is free.
The Kids and Kin Program provides services to Relative Child Care Providers in all 67 Alabama counties.
Eligibility Requirements to participate in the Kids and Kin Program:
- Must be at least 19 years old
- Must be providing child care for a grandchild, niece, nephew, or sibling who is not over 12 years of age
- Cannot be the child’s legal guardian or foster parent
- Cannot be a licensed child care provider
21st Century Community Learning Center After School Program
Program Information: https://www.elkmontelem.org/21stcenturyafterschoolprogram
Program Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/EES21stCCLC/?ref=bookmarks
For more information, please email our Site Director, Mrs. Kriston Cagle at email@example.com or call at 256-278-9663
Get Connected and Follow Us on Social Media:
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/ElkmontElem
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/ElkmontElem
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ElkmontElem
- Website: www.ElkmontElem.org (NOW COMPLETE...check it out! )
- Morning: Students should NEVER exit the car until Coach Simmons gives the "GREEN" signal from the front of the line. This will ensure that all students are safe from moving cars. Parents, please do not move you cars until Coach Simmons motions for you to do so.
- Afternoon: Please place your car rider number in a visible place in your windshield. If you need a Car Rider number, please email Mrs. James at firstname.lastname@example.org
Absence from School: If your child is absent, please send an excuse within 3 days of the day your child returns to school. You have 5 parent notes you can use each semester if a doctor's excuse is not available.
- 2nd - Workout Wednesday Parent Day in PE
- 4th - Fun Friday Snack
- 7th - 11th - Fall Break/No School
- 14th - TEAM EES Board Elections
- 17th - Report Cards Go Home
- 18th - Fun Friday Snack
- 24th - Fall Festival (see flyer above)
- 25th - Attendance/Truancy Meeting with Parents
- 30th - Talen Show Auditions (see information above)
- 6th - Holiday Picture and Fall Remakes
- 8th - Fun Friday Snack
- 9th - Veterans Day Program at 9 am in the New Gym (see flyer above)
- 11th - Veteran's Day/No School
- 14th - Progress Reports Go Home
- 15th - Talent Show
- 18th - 20th American Education Week Celebration
- 20th - Fun Friday Snack
- 22nd - Attendance/Truancy Meeting with Parents
- 25th - 29th - Thanksgiving Holidays/No School
- 2nd - DIBELS Testing Begins
- 6th - Fun Friday Snack
- 13th - DIBELS Testing Ends
- 19th - Christmas Holiday Sing-Along Event
- 20th - 1/2 Day for Students
- 23rd - January 1 Christmas Holidays
- 6th - Student Return
- 6th - STAR Reading and Math Testing Begins
- 7th - Report Cards Go Home
- 20th - Martin Luther King Jr. Day, No School
- 31st - Attendance/Truancy Meeting for Parents
- 6th - STAR Testing Ends
- 13th - Progress Reports Go Home
- 17th - President's Day, No School
- 26th - 1/2 Day for Students (11:10 Dismissal Time)
- 28th - Attendance/Truancy Meeting with Parents
- 2nd - March Madness Reading Challenge Begins (Kick-Off Pep Rally)
- 2nd - Read Across America Week Begins
- 27th - Attendance/Truancy Meeting with Parents
- 27th - Report Cards Go Home
- 30th - April 3rd Spring Break
- 24th - Attendance/Truancy Meeting with Parents
- 29th - DIBELS Testing Begins
- 1st - STAR Reading and Math Testing Begins
- 5th - Progress Reports Go Home
- 13th - DIBELS Testing Ends
- 21st - Last Day for Students (1/2 Days), Report Cards Go Home
- 22nd - Teacher Workday