Norton Weekly Update
Week of December 7th - 11th
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100%... and that's pretty good. ~ Author Unknown
Schedule for the Week
Monday - Kdg CogAT Testing
Tuesday - Kdg CogAT Testing; Math IS Here K-6
Wednesday - No Staff Meeting
Friday - Evacuation Drill @ 1:30
Monday, December 7 – Grab a cold drink and holiday mix treat from the teacher’s lounge.
Tuesday, December 8 – Wear your best holiday accessory.
Wednesday, December 9 – Enjoy chips and dip in the teacher’s lounge.
Thursday, December 10 – Holiday Luncheon; Please sign up to bring an item through the email sent out by Casey Willaby.
Friday, December 11 – Pick up a bag of chocolates from the front office.
ELPS Refresher - Due December 11
2016-2017 Calendar Survey - Complete by December 11th
Winter Holiday Info
- Campus entry will be available during the holiday break every day from 7:30 am - 7:00 pm. Entry or exit outside these times will activate the alarm.
- Please take personal electronics home during the break so that they will be secure.
- The school will not be heated while we are gone. It is advisable to take home plants, fish, etc. that may need a more consistent temperature.
- Please ensure that all food is secured in "Tupperware"-like containers or take it home to avoid pests.
- Unplug personal refrigerators and other electronic devices.
- Please do not prop doors open as you are preparing to leave for the holiday. With recent rains, many critters would like to find a dry place to rest. Open doors are an open invitation!
- Enjoy your break!
Staff Development on January 4th
Staff Spotlight - Ann Timmons
Where did you grow up? I was born in Akron, Ohio. I’ve lived in Ohio, Indiana, Wimbledon, England, Minnesota and Texas.
Describe your family. I am the oldest of four kids. I’ve been married to John for 25 years (oh yeah) and we have two daughters. Madeline is 19 and she is a freshman nursing major at Stephen F. Austin in Nacogdoches, TX. Sophia is 17 and a senior at Allen High School. She is a section leader for the flutes (100 of them!), she is a nanny afterschool for twin 6th graders and she has a pet sitting business! We also have three Golden Retrievers: Crockett, Splash and Rocky and a bunny named Wolf.
What university did you attend? I went to Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. No, not in Florida! (Miami was a university BEFORE Florida was a state!!)
What are your favorite activities? I enjoy singing in my church choir, traveling, reading, going to movies and being with my family!
If you had $1000 to spend on anything, what would you spend it on? It would be a great start in planning a trip to Hawaii for my family.
What is your favorite reality TV show? I like to watch Below Deck, Sister Wives and MasterChef Kitchen.
If you were not a teacher, what would you be? I would be a back up singer for Barbra Streisand, Josh Groban or Neil Diamond (with Shelley Murphy) or I’d be a midwife! J_