Important updates and news 4/12/2021
Week Thirteen [Special Schedule]
Our juniors are scheduled to take the SBAC this Wednesday (as of now), as such, we have an all day Advisory schedule on Wednesday for all grade levels.
Below are important announcements and news for the week.
Important Announcements for Families & Students
- Learn about School Reopening! Join us for Coffee with the Principal on Thursday, 15th at 9AM. Zoom Link: https://lausd.zoom.us/j/91079280751
- Book a COVID-19 test NOW, new hours and locations are in a flyer below!
- We need your voice (parents and students) in making important hiring decisions. Join our Hiring Committee! Click HERE to fill out an interest form.
- If you want to take an AP Class next year, you must turn in your contract NOW!
- Freshmen and Sophomores - do you want an exciting summer program about public health and a mentor? Apply for the Thrive Academy (contact Ms. Hall)
- Looking for more parents workshops or resources? Check out our website!
- Get instant updates! Follow STEM Academy on Twitter @STEMAcademyBer1
Not Getting Phone and Text Notifications?
Parents and employees can choose to Opt back into receiving Outreach (general) messages by calling (855) 502-7867 for any phone number that was previously Opted-Out.
You can also sign up for Parent Portal and get notifications on your Schoology App instead!
Join Us for Coffee with the Principal Learn about Safe Steps to Reopening!
We are here to help! Call 323-817-6461 M-F 8-3PM
STEM Teacher Tutoring Hours
Baseline Covid-19 Testing
Click HERE to schedule
Latinx in Healthcare Workshop
Click HERE for info
Student and Family Helpline
Practice getting a Daily Pass!
Zoom Link: https://lausd.zoom.us/j/86003678072
Enrichment & Award Opportunities
Educare Afterschool Club Schedule
Scholarship for Seniors!
Due 4/20/2021 Click HERE
News for Teachers
Announcements & Reminders for Teachers & Staff
- We will have PD Monday and Friday at 9am.
- SBAC is Wednesday!
- As we anticipate the reopening of schools, I want to encourage you to be mindful of your own and your students' social emotional well-being. Please take advantage of and attend the Self Care Session this Thursday, 3:30 - 4:30.
- Sessions for educators and families in preparation for the Armenian Genocide Remembrance Day on 4/24 are available HERE.
- The 15 and 20 week Grading Windows have been extended to open 1 week earlier, the 15 week window opens this Thursday!. During this time, students must be allowed to submit assignments for which due dates have passed and thus show re-mastery of content. Read the full memo HERE
- Practice getting a daily pass and show your students how to get one!
- Until we have covid testing on our own campus, practice getting covid tested weekly (every 6 days not 7 to ensure you get your results before your next daily pass!)
- Thematic Activities for April 12-16 click HERE