Region 9 Bilingual/ESL/Migrant
Happy New Year!
Updates and Resources!
Please thoroughly read this issue of the newsletter for updates and resources for serving the English learners and migrant students in respective districts. If there are questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to reach out to Javier De Leon at firstname.lastname@example.org or Raquel Oxford at email@example.com.
Friday, January 10, 2020
9:00am - 11:30am TETN Conference #798
ESC/Bilingual/ESL/Title III Contacts/District Directors/Coordinators
Click on link for TETN https://zoom.us/j/6643310215
Click on the following link for the TETN agenda https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8CvLOilmQk5RTc5d2pqTXNfMF92NUhYcTBMV1gwLVNZbVJF/view?usp=sharing
Jose-Luis Orozco - Bilingual educator, children's author and recording artist
Tuesday, February 4th, 2020
Wichita Falls Public Library
Food at 5:30 pm
Program at 6:00 pm
Click on link for Flyer https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BFFfUSWXImetcVwpVnjybsrbYsU6th8i?usp=sharing
2020 TELPAS Activities and Key Dates
Please make sure to reference the LPAC Year-at-a-Glance frequently. This will help you keep on track with LPAC responsibilities throughout the year.
LPAC On-going Activities
- LPAC for new enrollees within four calendar weeks.
- Monitor linguistic and academic progress.
- On-going collaboration with special programs such as Special Education, Advanced Academics-Gifted and Talented, etc. to ensure student success.
- Make sure that PEIMS is up-to-date and accurate.
- On-going professional development.