Read All About It!
Mrs. Illi & Mrs. Yula's Kindergarten Classroom Newsletter
December 11, 2015
More Bear-Related Excitement...
- Remember to send in a small bear or other stuffed animal by Wednesday, 12/16, so your child can tuck it in for a long winter's nap next Friday!
- We will be decorating a classroom bear's den next week!
- Pajama Day - Friday, 12/18 - We will be having a hibernation party for our special furry friends!
Library Books Due...
PM Class - Friday, 12/18
What Have We Been Up To?
- In Math we have been focusing heavily on teen numbers - what makes it a teen number, what digit does it start with, how does it look using ten frames?
- We also have been looking at subtraction and how that differs from addition, what that looks like using manipulatives, and how to write a subtraction number sentence.
- Pp, Cc
- We studied the sounds /p/ and /k/ at the beginning and end of words using pictures, letters, and our listening ears.
High Frequency Words
- I, am, the, little, a, to, have, is, my, we, have, like
- During small group instruction, we have focused heavily on writing a sentence with proper structure. Using finger spacers, alphabet charts, and highlighters are a must!
Special Books We Read
- Bear Snores On, The Dreidel Song
- We learned about cause and effect and synonyms last week.
12/18 - Pajama Day for our Class' Hibernation Party
12/18 - School Spirit Day - Wear Blue and Gold
12/21 - Board of Ed Meeting @ PVS 7 pm
12/23 - Early Dismissal
12/24-1/1 - School Closed for Winter Recess