Huggins Paw Print
September 2, 2022
Can't Hide Our Hound Pride!
It was another great week to be a Huggins Hound! We are so proud of our students, and the amazing things we are already seeing them accomplish in the classroom.
Please note that we do not have school on Monday in observance of the Labor Day holiday.
Parent Orientation/Curriculum night is scheduled for this coming Thursday, September 8th. We will have two identical sessions, 5:00-5:45 and 6:00-6:45 so that parents can choose one to attend. Classroom teachers will be sharing pertinent information related to curriculum, instruction, and classroom/campus procedures. At 7:00pm, we will be holding our Watch DOGS kickoff meeting in the cafeteria for any dad, grandfather, uncle, etc. that is interested in volunteering at our school. Both information about parent orientation/curriculum night and Watch DOGS will be posted for families that cannot attend.
We are looking forward to celebrating grandparents at our Grandparent's Day lunch on Friday, September 9th. Please be sure to scroll below for addition details and an RSVP form.
Finally, if you are the parent of a fifth grade student, please be sure to check out the information below about our Student Council. We are very excited that Ms. Martinez, Ms. Moss, and Ms. Jurkowski are partnering together to sponsor our council this school year!
We hope everyone has a safe and relaxing three-day weekend! We will see you back on Tuesday!
Monday, September 5th: No School
Thursday, September 8th: Charger Spirit Day, Parent Orientation/WatchDOGS Meeting
Friday, September 9th: Huggins Spirit Day, Grandparents Day Lunch (Flyer Below), Student Council Officer Applications and Campaign Posters Due (Fifth Grade only)
Thursday, September 22nd: Early Dismissal
Friday, September 23rd: No School - Fort Bend County Fair Day, FOH Sonapalooza
Book Fair - Thursday, September 1st - Friday, September 9th *Parents can visit the book fair during Parent Orientation on September 8th
Grandparent's Day Lunch 2022!
Please see below for scheduled lunch time by homeroom:
Fohner and Spencer: 10:00-10:30
Jaster and Melnar: 10:03-10:33
Capistran and Sloan: 10:06-10:36
Diaz and Adams: 10:09-10:39
Caldwell and Krysinski: 10:33-11:03
Madrigal and Gabriel: 10:36-11:06
Hinze and S. Fetterman: 10:39-11:09
Second Grade -
McNutt and O'Brien: 10:42-11:12
Ramos and Free: 11:06-11:36
Soucek and Weaver: 11:09-11:39
Third Grade -
Milliman and Hood: 11:12-11:42
Krpec and Fleming: 11:15-11:45
Arrington and Roberts: 11:39-12:09
Fourth Grade -
Richardson and Fisbeck: 11:42-12:12
Pope and A. Jucker: 11:45-12:15
Kauffman and A. Fetterman: 11:48-12:18
Fifth Grade -
Moss and Chaddrick: 12:12-12:42
Brown, J. Jucker, Martinez: 12:15-12:45
Attention 5th Grade Parents
Please see the Huggins Elementary Student Council Application for students that are interested in running for officer positions. All applications and campaign posters are due Friday, September 9th.
Huggins Car Line
Book Fair Volunteers
We are looking for volunteers to help out with the Fall Book Fair. This is a great opportunity to come out, meet some new friends and have fun! The Library is a great place to BE!
Pre-K and Kindergarten SmartTags
Ensuring the safety and security of the students riding on buses is our highest priority. To facilitate and support this safety initiative the District has implemented the Smart Tag system to promote and ensure a positive school bus riding experience for all Lamar CISD students. Students are issued Smart Tag ID cards with an electronic chip Smart sensor (please do not modify the ID cards, or place holes in the card). The student’s name is printed on the front of the card, and there is no student information stored on the card.
Students must have one or more Transportation Release Guardians listed within the students Smart Tag Parent Portal.
To ensure the safety of the children, parents/guardians or an authorized person is encouraged to be at the bus stop each day when their child is picked up and dropped off.
· Drivers will only release a student to approved guardians at the stop and must be in possession of a picture ID so the driver can verify release authorization via the Smart Tag system. If a driver is unable to verify release authorization the student will be returned to campus.
- Parents must register this information within their students Smart Tag profile via the Smart Tag Parent Portal.
- Parents are also responsible for keeping the information current.
- Parents/guardians and children should know their route number, school name, and stop location.
- Children in grades Pre-K/KG (i.e., Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten) MUST be received by an adult, parent, or authorized receiver at the designated bus stop and designated time. This could be an older sibling.
- Parents should be at the stop ten (10) minutes prior to bus arrival.
- Individuals receiving a Pre-K/KG student from a bus, will need to be in possession of a picture ID so the driver can verify release authorization via the Smart Tag system. If a driver is unable to verify release authorization the student will be returned to campus.
- Should there be no one at the stop to receive a PK/KG student, the child will be taken back to the school for the parent to pick up.
- Should this occur more than twice in a semester, the third occurrence may result in the child losing bus riding privileges.
LCISD Beginning of Year Forms - Action Needed
For the 2022-23 school year, all required Lamar Consolidated ISD beginning-of-year forms must be completed online through the Skyward Family Access Center.
Offering these forms digitally allows you the convenience of only updating information that has changed from last school year, while also helping us maintain accurate information in our student information system. Instructions, important dates and technical assistance regarding the online forms can be found by clicking here. Included on this page is a link to reset your Family Access username/password if you have forgotten it.
Online forms will be available through the Family Access Center starting Aug. 1 and all forms need to be submitted no later than Sept. 16th. Your student’s schedule will not be available online through the Family Access Center until all of the beginning-of-year forms are completed for your student and after the campus has released schedules. Student schedules will be available online on Wednesday, Aug. 17th if all online forms have been completed.
For those who need access to a computer or the Internet, computers will be available on campus Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. starting August 8th.