By: Bella Braatz Hour 9
Common Rules for Social Networking
- Keep conversations short and focused between a person or groups of people otherwise they doze off plus save long speeches for face to face situations.
- Check for correct English language like always to be proper
- Have appropriate statuses for friends to view
- Make respectful decisions on how you spend your time online
- Ask yourself, "Would I say this in public?" before posting
Should not do
- Make more than 3 statuses a day about your personal life (That's called Twitter)
- Type capital letters in personal or public posts because then others think you are shouting
- Take multiple "selfies" (That's called Instagram) Most individuals get annoyed by the same picture being seen everywhere.
- Many people chat with others using e-mail because the fear of talking in personal
- Get into a good habit by signing your name and contact information at the bottom of any message if necessary
- Make sure your writing has been proof read after typing it so the other person/people doesn't get a sloppy copy
While online, think before you type!
The Golden Rule
Treat others the way YOU would want to be treated
Several serious problems can happen on the internet...
- Severe DRAMA starts
- Individuals get hurt either verbally or physically
- Accidents occur
- There are mix-ups