April 11 - 15
All In, Mt. Gallant!
How We Win:
- Building and sustaining relationships with students, parents, and colleagues
- Improving our core instruction in the areas of Guided Reading, Lucy Calkins' writing, and Number Talks.
- Personalizing the MGES experience and learning for each child
The countdown to the end of the year is on, meaning that we'll be busier than ever! Michael Jerrell will be here Tuesday to meet with grade level teams. We'll be watching a video of one of your team members doing a number talk with their class. Michael will lead us in a conversation about what we see. MAP begins for K-2 on Wednesday and Dr. Pew will be in the building for classroom visits (her schedule is below). We will celebrate our volunteers Thursday with a drop-in between 5-6pm before PTA.
3 - 5 Teachers:
All iPads, bricks, and cables must be at school and remain at school beginning May 2. Please make sure your students are aware so that we can begin our end of the year process. Melisa will send more information closer to May 2.
Let's have a GREAT week. See you tomorrow!
Mark your calendar! MGES Social at Hickory Tavern!
Friday, April 29th, 4pm
2674 Celanese Road
Rock Hill, SC
- Welcome Back!
- Moree Meeting at 3pm
- Dental Van
Number Talks PD with Michael Jerrell - PD Room during planning
- Faculty Meeting: F&P Refresher & SC Ready Training - CORE will meet after
- MAP Window Opens for K-2 - See schedule from Ms. Leonard
- Dr. Pew visits MGES
-----9:25 - Faircloth
-----9:50 - Catherine Williams
-----10:15 - McKeown
-----10:40 - E. Baker
- PST - See MGES Calendar
- Second Grade to Brattonsville
- First Grade 4H
- Volunteer Drop-in 5-6pm; PTA @ 6pm
- Post PLC Minutes in Canvas
- Moree and L. Baker meeting with Ebinport, 11AM
- Chalk on Main with Heather Gregory - 4:30pm
26 - SC Ready - Writing Grades 3 - 5 - Paper/Pencil
27 - SC Ready - Reading Grades 3 - 5 - Paper/Pencil
28 - SC Ready - Math Grades 3 - 5 - Paper/Pencil
28 - Family Art Night - 5:30-7pm - Dinner may be purchased at 5:30pm
29 - Fifth Grade Field Trip
29 - Minds On Music- Flautist will perform during lunch
30 - Recruitment Fair
30 - Girls on the Run 5K
2 - iPads remain at school (bricks and cords returned)
3 - KNN, Color Guard, and Ambassadors Field Trip
4 - MAP Window Opens for 3-5
5 - SIC at 5:15; PTA at 6pm
11 - 27 - SC PASS Online Window for Science and SS for Grades 4-5
12 - York County Museum Dinosaur Reception for First Grade Only During School Day
18 - TK Ceremony @ 8:30
19 - PTA 3-5 Dance
20 - No School - Inclement Weather Make-up Day
25 - Grades Due
27 - Knights of the Round Table & Gallant Girls Field Trip
30 - No School
31 - Field Day
1 - Fifth Grade Promotion at 8:30am
2 - Kindergarten Promotion at 8:30am
20 - Assessment Conference
21 - Assessment Conference