Just the Facts...10/4/17
Live Love Learn
In order to help facilitate the day please make note of the following:
- You are welcome to walk directly to your child's classroom...because class is not in session we will not require you to sign in.
- Conferences tend to be back to back most of the day. Please plan to arrive on time and please allow the conference to end on time so the next family can start their meeting.
- Several support personnel will be off campus in professional development that is focused on their area of expertise so additional meetings with additional educators may not be possible. If you have a specific question or request, please email that person directly.
News you can use...
From Mrs. Bladl
There are some upcoming 5th grade nights at CMSN:
- Oct. 5th for Volleyball @5pm
- Oct. 10th for Football @4:30
Mrs. Bladl will have tickets to give the 5th graders who want to attend.
Have you wondered what those colorful flags hanging under both our US and Texas Flags stand for? Please check out this Air Quality Flag Program link where you can read about this unique to Lakeside initiative that was brought to us by our fabulous Nurse Lander and by a grant from our awesome PTO.
Red Ribbon Week Activities
October- Red Ribbon activities
from Mrs. McBride
During October, students focus on making healthy choices with their friendships, the choices they make and they learn refusal skills for negative peer pressure. Lakeside celebrates these positive healthy choices and the students enjoy the dress up days the Student Leaders help create.
Monday- Dress for success- wear your best! Plus it is picture day!
Tuesday- Red Day- Longhorns are "RED-Y" to live,love and learn the healthy way!
Wear as much red as you can.
LKS 2nd annual Red Ribbon Walk. Students will walk the perimeter of the school and celebrate Red Ribbon week. We will exit the building right after announcements and the students love to see their parents out supporting them. There will be other surprise guests during the morning.
The walk is from 7:50 - 8:20. Hope to see you there.
Wednesday- Pajama day-Longhorns are comfy and healthy
Thursday- Mix Match day - Don’t get mixed up in bad choices.
Friday- Team up and be healthy- Wear your team uniform or favorite team jersey.
In case you missed it or if you want quick access to it.
Here is the PTO Newsletter Link.
We love and appreciate our campus volunteers. Please remember to complete the
Volunteer Background Check if you are planning on offering your support as a volunteer this year. Please note that the background check must be completed every year.
Thank you for your partnership!
*Please note dates will be added and some may be changed as necessary
6) Conference Day
- School will not be in session but kids will join parents for their conference time. Please keep an eye open for information from your child's teacher regarding their process for the day.
9) No School - "Fair Day"
11) CHS Homecoming Parade (Lakeside will have a float)
13) End of the First Nine Weeks and CHS Homecoming Game
17) First grade field trip
19) Third grade program at 8am and 6pm
20) Report Cards will come home
23) Picture Day
23-27) Red Ribbon Week Events (more information will be coming soon)
- 24th Red Ribbon Walk
- 27th Red Ribbon Assembly
31) Scarecrow Parade for Kindergarten
2) First grade program at 8am and 6pm
10) Dads Club Campout
13-17) Book Fair Week (more information will be coming soon)
20-24) Thanksgiving Week - No School
30) Picture Retakes