News from the Nest
January 5, 2018
The Week Ahead
Monday 1/8 (day 3)
- Home & School Meeting, 7 pm. Location: Library.
Tuesday 1/9 (day 4)
- Communicators will be sent home for 'Oldest and Only' children
Wednesday 1/10 (day 1)
- Please return Communicators!
- STARS Lunch, 11:45-12:15 pm.
Thursday 1/11 (day 2)
- Math Olympiads, 3:30-4:30 pm.
Friday 1/12 (day 3)
- VF Spirit Day - wear blue and gold or VF spirit wear!
- Candy Bingo Night RSVPs due (download flyer)
- Student Council, 8-8:30 am.
- Spirit Assembly, 2 pm.
- Elementary Honors Orchestra Rehearsal, 9-11:30 am. Location: SAHS.
Home & School Meeting
Candy Bar Bingo Night
Save the Date!
Monday 1/15 - NO SCHOOL, Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday
Tuesday 1/16 - ELA SPARK, 3:30-4:30 pm.
Wednesday 1/17 - Yearbook Group Picture Day
Thursday 1/18 - Math SPARK, 3:30-4:30 pm.
- Reading Olympics, 8-8:40 am.
- Family Fun Night - Candy Bar Bingo, 6:30-8:00 pm, Location: VF All-Purpose Room.
* Note: Kindergarten Health Screenings will be held 1/17,1/18,1/23,1/25,1/31, and 2/1.
Monday 1/22 - 5th Grade - Pathways 360 Presentation
Tuesday 1/23 - ELA SPARK, 3:30-4:30 pm.
Wednesday 1/24 - NO SCHOOL for students
- Sundae Bar at lunch
- Math SPARK, 3:30-4:30 pm.
- Student Council Spirit Day
- Snow Date: Family Fun Night, 6:30-8:00 pm.
Saturday 1/27 - Phantoms Game, 7:05pm, Location: PPL Center, Allentown.
* Note: 5th Grade DVD Literacy Tapings will take place the week of 1/22. Please remind your child to bring in their favorite book on Monday 1/22.
The DVD Literacy committee needs volunteers to help record the students during the school day. No experience necessary! If you are interested in volunteering, please email Amy Thompson at email@example.com.
Submit Pictures for the Yearbook
If you have pictures from the Winter Social, please follow the directions below!
Get your pictures in the yearbook! The Yearbook Staff invites parents to submit photos for the yearbook. If you've got great photos of school events, we'd like to see them. Our photographers can't be everywhere. Help us get as many photos as possible to create a terrific book everyone will want to have.
Here is how you can submit photos online:
• Go to: https://images.schoolannualonline.com/login
• If it does not automatically log you into the site, enter username: 409613596
• Browse to select the photo(s) you wish to upload.
• Enter information about the photo and provide contact information in case the staff needs additional information.
• Click "Save Details".
****Please make sure that each photo has the classroom/teacher name or event included in the file name****
- These photos will only be used by the Yearbook Staff for inclusion in the yearbook.
- Not every photo submitted will be able to be included in the yearbook.
- Please submit photos of school events ONLY
It's that easy! Submit your photos today!
Please direct any questions to Sandra Esposito at Sandra_esposito05@yahoo.com.
*The committee is currently looking for any parent(s) that would like to host the 5th Grade act this year. If you are interested, please contact Gina Rothenberger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Please note that the Lip Sync committee is asking that each act provide at least one parent volunteer the night of the event.*
2018-2019 Kindergarten Registration
Registering students on time is very important in determining staffing for the upcoming year. It ensures that class sizes are not too large and the children have enough educational support. Thank you!
How to Receive Text Messages from SASD
First, make sure to add or update your SMS/mobile phone number by logging in to the Update Contact Information Web page.
Then you can participate in this service just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587.
- Lip Sync 5th Grade Act- The committee is currently looking for any parent(s) that would like to host the 5th Grade act this year. If you are interested, please contact Gina Rothenberger at email@example.com.
- Yearbook- Our current Yearbook committee is looking for help with this year's Yearbook as well as someone to begin learning the website. The students love receiving the Yearbook each year and it is a great way to preserve memories from year to year. If you are interested, please contact Sandra Esposito at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pod Parents- Our Pod Parent committee is looking for a new chair for the 2018-2019 school year. Each year, our pod parents come in to help the teachers with various tasks during the first week of school to help with a smooth beginning to the new school year. Some of the tasks involved include copying, cutting, labeling, sorting, etc. The chair of this committee would create a Sign-up genius to be sent out to interested parents. If you would like to chair this committee for next year, please contact either Sheila Hercek at email@example.com or Meg Dick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reminder: all volunteers must fill out the Registration and Disclosure Statement and return it to the office. There are also copies available in the Vernfield office.
Information about additional clearances needed can be found here.