CLX Buzz - 5/2/2018
The Claxton Elementary Family Newsletter
What's the Buzz?
- Coming Soon at Claxton
- Claxton on Social Media
- Additional Mandatory Volunteer Training Needed by ALL CLX Vols
- Claxton Volunteer End-of-Grade Proctors Needed
- Teacher Appreciation Week Activities
- Claxton's Class of 2018 Wall of Fame
- Classroom Volunteer Opportunities
- Volunteer Background Checks and Training
- Claxton PTO Positions for 2018-2019
- Order Your Yearbook Today!
- Opportunity to Support ACS Family through Eblen
- Save and Donate Your Plastic Plant Pots
- Claxton's 3rd Annual Bee Day
- 3rd Graders Unveil Asheville's Hidden History
- Take A Stand Against Racism
- CLX Spirit Night at Salvage Station
- What's for Lunch?
- Thanks to Our Sponsors!
Muddy Sneakers 5th Grade Field Trip - Wed, 5/2
4th Biltmore/Kinder AVL Pizza Field Trips - Fri, 5/4
Battle of the Books Competition - Mon, 5/7
Teacher Appreciation Week - 5/7 - 5/11
School Nutrition Employee Week - 5/7 - 5/11
National Teacher Day - Tues, 5/8
National School Nurses' Day - Wed, 5/9
2nd Grade Arboretum Field Trip - Fri, 5/11
Grounds Workday - Sat, 5/19, 9am - 1pm
Kindergarten Registration - Mon, 5/21
Claxton Transition Night - Tues, 6/5, 5pm
CLX Spirit Night at Salvage Station - Wed, 6/6, 5-8pm
Kindergarten Promotion Ceremony - Thurs, 6/7, 12pm
5th Grade Graduation - Fri, 6/8, 9am
FULL Last Day of School, Report Cards - Fri, 6/8
Here is a link to a list of the official ACS Calendars, always up-to-date
Calling All CLX Volunteers--Mandatory ACS Level II Volunteer Training Needed
- Wed., May 2 at 12:00pm at the ACS Training Room @ Central Office (85 Mountain St. Asheville 28801)
- Tues., May 15 at 12:00pm at the ACS Training Room @ Central Office (85 Mountain St. Asheville 28801)
Please click below to sign up to be an End-of-Grade Test Proctor!
This opportunity is open to parents of students in all grades. Parents of younger grades are encouraged to sign up even though your child is not yet having EOG tests. This experience will help parents get a glimpse of what to expect when your child begins EOG testing in 3rd grade.
2018 Teacher Appreciation Week Activities
Teacher Appreciation Week is May 7th - May 11th. We’ve come up with a few ideas to show our teachers how much we appreciate them. Click here for details. Please also consider any assistant, specialist or someone else who you would like to thank. Feel free to follow the suggestions below or come up with your own way to show your appreciation. We will send out e-mail reminders throughout the week of May 7th.
Claxton's Wall of Fame
Classroom Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer Background Checks for Asheville City Schools
We need YOU! Looking for Leaders for CLX PTO for 2018-2019 School Year
We are still looking to fill a few key PTO positions for the 2018-2019 school year. No experience is necessary; you only need to bring enthusiasm and dedication to helping Claxton become the best it can be! The following PTO positions are open to all parents or caregivers of Claxton students. If you are interested please reach out to Molly Russell, PTO Co-President, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please click here for details about the roles listed below.
Positions for Hospitality Events - Ice Cream Social, Field Day
FIRST Lego League