Paulo Panther Weekly
Weekly events and announcements: 10/04/2021
Show your Paulo School Spirit Every Friday
Pop-Up Vaccination at IS75 Thursday & Friday
No Cost "Virtual" After School Math Tutoring & Virtual Saturday Math
During the School Week
We are happy to be able to provide additional math support "virtually" after school.
Classes will meet remotely via google classroom on weekdays (according to the schedule below) 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM, beginning Monday, October 4th and ending Thursday, January 27th.
Algebra: Tuesdays & Thursdays
8th Grade: Mondays & Wednesdays
7th Grade: Mondays & Tuesdays
6th Grade: Tuesdays & Thursdays
"Virtual" Math Tutoring on Saturdays
Saturdays from 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM starting October 9th and ending January 22nd.
Classes will take place remotely. Students WILL NOT report to school.
You must register your child at IS75.org under the School Store/Online Payments tab in order to attend math tutoring. After registering, the student will receive an invite to the google classroom.
Pre-Pay for School Pictures
- I.S. 75: 8th Grade Graduation : 22GRADIS75
- I.S. 75: 6th & 7th grade 22UCIS75
- Parents can click on the active gallery to view and purchase our picture packages and items.
Requirements for Arista
The mission of the Paulo Arista Society is to make the qualities of scholarship, citizenship, and service function as a beacon of excellence for all members of the school community. To communicate this mission, Paulo has made the requirements for inclusion in Arista (8th grade), Junior Arista (7th grade) and Honor Society (6th grade) as follows:
1. Scholarship – Academic average of at least 91.00% in each marking period with no grade, in any subject, below 80 or “S”. Please note that a course grade of 79 or lower precludes a student from Arista.
2. Citizenship – No citizenship grade below “S” (Satisfactory) in any marking period.
3. Service – The attainment of at least 25 service credits per school year.
4. Attendance/Punctuality – Students absent more than 10 days per school year are precluded. Also, students who are picked up early from school five or more times in a given semester are also precluded from this recognition.
Please see the Student Handbook for a more in-depth explanation of criteria for the Paulo Arista Society.
COVID-19 School Health Policy Updates
Consistent with CDC guidance, the DOE has updated the COVID-19 School Health Policy. The school health policy revisions include:
- A student who is exposed to an infected student in the classroom will not have to quarantine, if both students were properly wearing a face covering and maintained at least three feet of distance from one another.
- All unvaccinated students who are designated as close contacts and who remain asymptomatic during quarantine may return to school eight (8) days after the last day of exposure with a lab-confirmed negative COVID result from a test taken five (5) days or later, after exposure.
- As of Monday, September 27, the DOE will increase random COVID-19 testing in all elementary, middle, and high schools for unvaccinated students in grades 1–12 from biweekly to weekly.
Families can give consent for testing through their student’s New York City Schools Account (NYCSA)(Open external link).
For questions, email COVID19virus@schools.nyc.gov
School Food Forms are now online
We are pleased to announce that all of our students at Frank D. Paulo Intermediate School 75 will be receiving free breakfast and lunch. As many of you know, the “Family Income Inquiry Form” was a vital part of the application process. Please note that we still need to complete this form in order for our school to receive money vital to many of our programs. Please complete this inquiry process online by using the following link:
We thank you for your assistance in regard to this matter. Once again, the application process enables us to get much needed funding for our school programs.
JOIN THE PAULO TRACK & FIELD TEAM!!
All students are welcome to join. This is a great opportunity to be active and to have fun.
● Practices will run from 2:25-3:55 every Wednesday and Friday, beginning on Wednesday, September 29th and ending on Friday, November 19th.
● FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE! The team will be limited to 100 students.
● The fee to join will be $100 for the Fall season (includes t-shirt, coaches fees, etc.)
● Students will meet in the auditorium at dismissal and be brought to the school yard for practices.
● Athletes must come prepared for OUTDOOR practices: t-shirt or sweatshirt, shorts, running shoes, water, etc.
Please complete the online registration form and remit payment online via credit card. Enrollment will be continuous. Online registration for this program (Paulo Track Team - Fall 2021) can be found via our website at www.is75.org under the School Store/Online Payments tab
Dropping off Students in the morning
Visitor Control policy Update by NYCDOE
In order to protect students and staff in DOE buildings, pending an order by the Health Commissioner, all visitors wishing to enter DOE buildings must show proof of having at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccination. Acceptable proof of vaccination include:
- A CDC Vaccination Card: a photo or photocopy is also acceptable
- A NYC Vaccination record or other official immunization record from within or outside the US, including from a health care provider. A photo or photocopy of this is also acceptable.
- NYC Covid Safe App on Android or iOS.
- Excelsior Pass or Excelsior Pass Plus.
- DOE COVID-19 Vaccine Portal
In addition, all visitors are required to wear a face covering and complete the health care screening. If a visitor wishes to enter a DOE building but is unable or unwilling to show proof of vaccination upon sign-in, the visitor may not enter the building absent emergency circumstances.
If a student is experiencing a medical emergency or is in crisis, the student's guardian will be allowed to enter the building, regardless of vaccine status.
The bus schedule is subject to change at any time from the Office of Pupil Transportation.
Please check your students NYC Student Account (NYCSA) for the most up to date bus times.
· 6th Graders are entitled to the Bus if you live 1 mile or more away from the school.
· 7th and 8th Graders need to live 1.5 miles or more away from the school to be eligible for the school bus.
If you are not entitled, you must apply for a variance through the Office of Pupil Transportation (https://www.schools.nyc.gov/docs/default-source/default-document-library/exceptions-form) and email directly to BusingExceptions@schools.nyc.gov
Useful Links: Self-help
- Daily Health screening https://healthscreening.schools.nyc/
- Health and Safety in Our Schools COVID-19 School Health Policy.
- IS75 Website https://www.is75.org/
- NYC Schools Account Portal NYC Schools Account (NYCSA) portal
- Parent Consent for Testing New York City Schools Account (NYCSA)(Open external link
- School Food Forms https://www.myschoolapps.com/Application
- Student Account information schools.nyc.gov/studentaccounts
- Student-Family Handbook https://www.is75.org/pdfs/Paulo%20Student-Family%20Handbook%202021-22%20_1_.pdf
- Student transportation https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-life/transportation/transportation-overview/whats-ne
- Vaccine portal Vaccine.schools.nyc