Mrs. Ray's Pre-K Weekly Newsletter
Week 13: November 16 - 20
Turkeys, Turkeys everywhere! We learned so much about Turkeys this last week...ask your babies what they know! We ended the week with a Turkey Fun Run Race!!! So much fun! November will be wrapping up for school this week with LOTS going on!!!!! Read on to find out all the scoop!
Pow Pow T-shirts
Thank you to those who have already sent shirts to school for our Pow Pow this week. I truly am sorry for sending some of you on a t-shirt chase throughout the town for brown! Last year that color was not a problem, but this year stores do not seem to carry brown/tan.....SOOO, any Fall color shirt will do (red, orange, yellow, even white). Make sure it is T-SHIRT material and you DO NOT need it back...we will be painting and cutting on them. Please send MONDAY if you have not already sent yours. :-)
NO School - Tuesday, November 17th!!!!
There will be NO school on Tuesday, November 17th due to Lubbock-Cooper Elementary hosting UIL this year. UIL participants and all teachers will be helping with the competitions, so your babies will be home with you. The Texas Education Agency has granted our district a waiver for this day so your child will not be counting absent.
November 19th is our Thanksgiving Lunch
Parents eating with students on November 19th are invited to enjoy special seating in the gym that day.
- Thanksgiving lunch tickets for all visitor can be purchased near the office beginning at 10am on the 19th for $4 regardless of the age of the visitor.
- Visitors will be able to go through the serving line with their student and then walk directly to the gym. A tea station for drinks will be in the gym as well!
- If you are bringing a lunch to your student, please meet your student in the hallway near the cafeteria and proceed straight to the gym.
- Parents will be responsible for monitoring their students in the gym.
We will have Thanksgiving Break ALL next week, November 23 - 27....there will be no school the entire week! Yea! Enjoy your family and friends for a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Look at all these little Turkeys!
Run Turkey Run
Turkey take-off for our first classroom Turkey race!
Who caught the Thanksgiving Turkey?
All the "little" turkeys had to chase down the "BIG" turkey for our final Turkey race.
Walk for Diabetes Fundraiser
Monday - Crazy Sock Day
Tuesday - NO SCHOOL!
Wednesday - Pajama Day
Thursday - Team Jersey Day
Friday - Dress like a Pirate Day
We are starting to get sign-up from Lubbock-Cooper Community members...yea!!!! I still encourage as many parents/family members to sign-up for this great opportunity to bond with your child in our classroom.
If Wednesday JUST DOES NOT WORK for you, and you would still like to Participate in our Mystery Reader program, just let me know what week you are interested in and I can usually make schedule arrangements with you to move the day.
Thank you for working together to fill our babies full of stories, laughter, and love! Visit the link below to sign up for a reading spot:
This Week's Theme: Native Americans and Pilgrims
- Letter: N
- Fine Motor Skills - Cutting
- Building/Writing Names
- Recognizing/Counting/Writing the number 3
- Color PURPLE - sing, name, find!
- Understanding Positional Words
Science / Social Studies
- Fall Weather
- Sorting Attributes - Small, Medium, Large & Colors
- Native American facts
- The Story of the 1st Thanksgiving
Dip N' Dots - Money and Orders Due on Tuesdays!
Cookie N' Cream
Chocolate & Vanilla
Red Berry Sherbet