JTMS Counseling Newsletter
December 21, 2020
G R A T I T U D E
• Give someone you love a compliment
• Do a chore for a family member
• Call a loved one from far away
• Close your eyes and picture something you are grateful for
• Name a food that you love
• Create a piece of art that expresses how you feel
Check out 'Essentials With Miss Ellingsen' below to find out the S C I E N C E behind gratitude!
Meet Mrs. Lewandowski!
When she isn't working, Mrs. Lewandowski's interests include raising and breeding labrador retrievers (she fell in love with labs after volunteering with the Seeing Eye), gardening, hiking, and is always involved in some type of art project. She loves to travel and has been to many interesting places. One of her favorite places to go with her family is Block Island. She has 3 children and 3 step children ranging in age from 33-23, along with 3 labs.
If you stop by the counseling office or see her in the halls starting December 21st, please give Mrs. Lewandowski a very warm Falcon welcome!
- log onto your student portal to check your grades (you should do this at least once a week!)
- email your teachers if you need assistance or have any questions
- attend office hours to get some one-on-one or small group time with your teachers to discuss assignments/ questions/ etc.
- write down three goals that you can work towards when we come back from the break (ex. attend office hours for each class once per week, participate in class at least once a day by asking a question, set an alarm if you have a hard time remembering to complete or hand in assignments or attend class remotely, etc.)
Mindful Walkabout- Grade 6
Essentials With Miss Ellingsen
JTMS Counseling Department
Miss Ellingsen, Mrs. LaCatena, and Ms. Martino