Warren Early Gazette
ALL Scholars are Capable, Creative, and Unique Investigators
Mr. Gearlds' Corner
This is just a reminder that one of "Santa's Helpers" will be onsite tomorrow, Friday, from 7:45-8:30am. Please bring your camera for pictures. We will also be serving a light breakfast for all those in attendance. This is a FREE event for everyone.
Friday, December 18, 2015 will be our last day for 2015 here at ECC. We will be closed for 2-weeks as we observe Winter Break. Our first day back will be Monday, January 4, 2016.
As you all know Mr. Gearlds has been on a 3-week trip to the North Pole. Please check out this week's version of "Where in the World is Mr. Gearlds?" https://youtu.be/sfAW37fKPjE
I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Yours in education,
Warren Early Childhood Center
Stay In The Know At ECC...
On My Way PreK Vouchers
On My Way PreK Vouchers will go out on January 17, 2016. Families may complete the applications online or at the Early Childhood Center. The lottery is set to take place the beginning of April. For more information, contact our Main Office at 317-869-4750.
Warren Township Uniform Sale
On Saturday, January 7, 2016 there will be a gently used uniform sale at Lakeside Elementary, 9601 E. 21st Street, from 9:00 am- 3:00 pm. Items will range from $3-$6 each and all sizes (KG-Adult) will be available. The company, School Wearhouse, will also be purchasing clean, gently used uniform pieces the day of the sale.
For more information call: 317-332-5800
Thank you to Meijer on East Washington Street for the $125 donation towards Media Center Supplies, books, and more at the Early Childhood Center. We appreciate all your support! Your donation will help build our resources for scholars to engage in more reading inside and outside of the classroom.
Sleep Tips for Preschoolers
It's so important for children of all ages to get a good night's sleep each night. This allows their brains to rest before an active day inside the classroom. Here are some strategies for you to think about if your scholar is not getting 8-10 hours of sleep each night.
- Maintain a regular and consistent sleep schedule.
- Have a relaxing bedtime routine that ends in the room where the child sleeps.
- Children should sleep in the same sleeping environment every night, in a rooms that is cool, quiet and dark.
- Children should go to bed without a television and/or electronic device on. This stimulation will not relax their brain.
Warren Early Childhood Center Contact Information
Janelle Johnson- ECC Treasurer
Dawn McManigal- Daycare Secretary
- December 21-January 1--- NO School or Daycare. "Winter Break"
- January 4, 2016--- First Day Back from Winter Break
- January 7, 2016--- Uniform Sale at Lakeside Elementary School (More Details Below)
- January 13, 2016-- On My Way PreK Applications go out
- January 18, 2016-- No School or Daycare. "MLK Day"
Weather Delay/Closure Information
- Daycare will open at 6am for those that are already registered.
- Full Day PreK will begin at 10:30am.
- 1/2 Day AM PreK will be Cancelled.
- 1/2 Day PM PreK will begin at normal time.
In the event of a School Closure, the Warren Early Childhood Center will operate by the following schedule:
- Daycare will open at 8am for those that are already registered. (NOTE- there is a chance for Daycare to close if traveling conditions are too dangerous)
- ALL Full Day PreK and 1/2 Day PreK AM/PM will be cancelled.