October 26, 2017
Roosevelt Weekly Parent Info
Here are a few reminders for the week:
• SAFETY: Safety is our #1 concern at Roosevelt. Dropping off of students in the morning before school must be done CURBSIDE, as this is the safest way for students to come onto the school grounds. It seems like we have "near misses" almost every year, and this year is no exception. It's dark in the morning, and students who exit the car and run across the street to the Roosevelt playground are in harm's way. Please take the extra time to turn around so that your child(ren) can exit CURBSIDE.
• It's getting colder...do you feel the chill in the air? snow flurries tomorrow? You know what that means--dig out those coats, hats, mittens and send your child to school with them. Thank you!
• Fall Conferences: It's hard to believe, but Fall Conferences are just around the corner. The sign-up link for Fall Conferences will go live this Friday, October 27. Please be looking for an email/text for you to choose a conference time that works for you. As a reminder, please only sign-up for one conference per child. If you have concerns about this, please contact me in advance to signing-up.
• Conference Meals: IF you are interested, willing and able to help provide food for teacher meals for fall conferences, please contact Casey at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!!!
• Playground Supervisor: I am on the hunt for a lunch recess playground supervisor. The job requires that you be available from 11:00-12:45 each day that school is in session. If you think this might interest you, please contact Sarah Heuer in the Roosevelt Office (345-4285). Please consider this, as it would be a great opportunity to be a part of the school community in a new and important way!
• Operating Levy Referendum and School Board Election: See information below about this important upcoming vote on Tuesday, November 7. Most importantly, please remember to VOTE!! As it states below, you may vote early down at the District Office, 10 Civic Center Plaza.
As always, thank you for supporting our work!
Operating Levy Referendum/School Board Election
Tuesday, November 7, 2017, is election day. If you would like to vote early, absentee voting is available at the District Office, 10 Civic Center Plaza, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Residents of Mankato Area Public Schools will vote on an Operating Levy and the election of three School Board members.
As a result of our Operating Levy expiring on June 30, 2018, our School Board has proposed to increase its referendum revenue authority. This proposed authorization would include an increase of $365 per pupil and would increase each year by the rate of inflation and be applicable for ten years beginning with taxes payable in 2018.
The most common question we hear is, “What will the money be used for?” The dollars go to people, programs and day-to-day operations. Here is a link to our Q & A article which will help answer that question. This is an exciting time for our growing school community. Funding will help us to continue our work and provide the resources we need for the education of each child, retaining and recruiting staff and our daily costs.
Please visit the District website www.isd77.org under “quick links” where you will find more information about the operating levy, a tax impact calculator for your property, and candidate information.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact the District Office at 507-387-1868 or email email@example.com.
Lunch With The Principal
Zoey, a Roosevelt 4th grader, won Lunch with the Principal. She was able to invite two of her friends, and we all enjoyed lunch courtesy of Jersey Mike's, who donates lunch for this special event. Keep reading at home and filling out those bookmarks, Raccoons!
Principal For The Morning
Owen did a great job as Principal for the Morning. Keep reading at home and filling out those bookmarks, Raccoons, and you too could fill this special role someday!
Reading Banner Winning Class
Kudos to Mrs. Krusemark's class for winning the reading banner for this first month. They had the highest percentage of reading bookmarks returned on the 2nd floor. They get to proudly display the banner for the month!