CATHER MUSTANG NEWS
Medication Pick Up!
A parent or an adult will need to pick up any medication that has been brought to school by the end of the last day 5/31/19.
Per MPS policy, no medication is stored over the summer and any medicine left will be discarded.
Thank you for your attention to this matter, you may stop in at any time to collect
Important Principal News
Congratulation to our Cather scholarship winner! Kiersten Preuss was awarded $1000 from PTO!
Recently we have had staff changes for the 2019-20 school year.
- Ms. Jessica Wiesler will be our new resource teacher at Cather!
- Mrs. Solberg, 3rd Grade teacher, will be transferring to Cody Elementary to teach 5th grade traditional courses to grow in traditional elementary education and pursue leadership opportunities in the district.
- Mrs. Emma Beck, 2nd grade teacher, will loop up with her current class and teach 3rd grade for the 2019-20 school year.
- Mrs. Dodie Warren, current 1st grade teacher, will loop up with her class to 2nd grade.
- Mrs. Hasenjager, current teacher librarian, transferred back to Aldrich Elementary to teach 4th grade.
- Mrs. Sara Collins, current 5th grade teacher at Cody Elementary, will be our new teacher librarian.
- Mrs. Becky Reger, current ELL teacher, will be full time at Cather for the 2019-20 school year.
- Mrs. Kristi Richling was transferred to three other elementary buildings in the district.
- Mrs. Caitlyn Smith from Papillion has been assigned to Cather Elementary School as our new speech language pathologist.
- Mrs. Reynee Shanahan has transferred to us as a part-time resource teacher.
We will have a classroom teacher opening, grade level to be determined and we have a full time resource teacher opening. Any interested teaching candidates need to contact human resources to apply for our open positions.
We have an Art Show in the main hallway at Cather Elementary, if you would like to stop by to view the awesome student exhibits they will be on display until Wednesday, May 29th.
Have a great weekend!
Notes from the office
Mrs. Breeling will be located at Harvey Oaks until June 14th. If you need to speak w/ me , you can still reach me at 402-715-1315.
Please be on the lookout in July for an electronic summer mailing, which will have information for next year, supply list, etc. Please make sure you are checking your spam or junk mail for school emails, as sometimes the school emails tend to go there.
Registration for 2019-20 school year
Online Registration for 2019-2020 is OPEN! To register your students for next school year please visit www.mpsomaha.org and click on the enrollment link at your earliest convenience.
For login or password issues please call the PAL line at 402-715-8000.
Parent Access Line Messaging Options:
- Locked out of IC and the MPS App? Reach out to your PAL! The Parent Access Line for login and password help for the MPS App and Infinite Campus. 402.715.8000 and MillardPAL@mpsomaha.org
- Want to keep up with your student’s grades online? Call your PAL, the Parent Access Line, for your login and password for the MPS App and Infinite Campus. 402.715.8000 and MillardPAL@mpsomaha.org
- Need your login and password information for the MPS App and Infinite Campus? Your PAL has it! Get in touch with the Parent Access Line today at 402.715.8000.
2019-20 Important Dates
8/8/19 Open House 5:30-7 p.m.
8/9/19 Kindergarten picnic 12 - 1:30 p.m. Cather playground
8/12/19 First Day of School, start time 8:30 a.m.
8/15/19 Picture day
8/22/19 Back to School Picnic
Please see the attachment at the end of the newsletter regarding summer library!