May 22, 2016
Looking Back. . .
What a great year we've had. We've worked hard and learned much. Best practices around reading workshop and math have been articulated and given intentional attention. HSE21 is no longer an abstract concept.
Some of you went to the Dismantling Racism workshop and deconstructed/constructed beliefs. Some of you changed how you helped kids learn about words and how they work (Word Study). Many of you learned how to better assess comprehension using within, beyond, and about about questions.
Our RtI process continued to improve as so many of you took advantage of Share the Load meetings and the expertise within our building. Some of you gave considerable time to supporting STL meetings.
We dug into Lucy Calkins and her vision for workshop and lean minilessons. The Tech Team brought us all kinds of opportunities for growth with digital learning and thinking.
DIversity21 helped launch a school wide initiative as we learned about Malala, Pakison, and ordinary heroes. New staff brought their own diversity and thinking and it only made us better.
The Referendum passed, most of you got new computers that you had a choice about, and we ended the year strong.
Our school looks different and feels different than it did 180 days ago. We started the year with hopes and dreams, a bit anxious to welcome new students from SCE and beyond. Almost every team had new members which caused intentional planning and conversations to occur so teams could become high functioning organisms.
We got lots of new paint, the art room got wiggle stools, and many of you began thinking about how you could change your classrooms conditions to make the room even more student centered.
It's been a marvelous year, folks. I want to commend you for your time and talents as our kids have learn and grown more deeply than ever. They are lucky to have you as teachers, mentors, and encouragers.
16-17 School Year Events and Activities
- Aug. 1 Rented student iPads delivered to CRES for parent pick-up
- Aug. 4 6:30-7:30 K Parent Info Night
- Aug. 8 5:00-6:30 Ice Cream Social
- Aug. 23 5:15 1st and 2nd Grade Parent Info Night
- Aug. 23 6:30 3rd and 4th Grace Parent Info Night
- Sept. 29 5:30-7:00 HSE21Showcases/Open House
Monday, May 23 Day 1
- 8:15 STL - TM - Cook
- 3:10 Collab Team 2 - class lists
Tuesday, May 24 Day 2
- 6:30 AM-10 PM - Fourth grade field trip
- 7:45 Diversity coaches - Lisa's office
- 8:15 STL - WA - Koewers
- 3:10 Collab Team 3 - class lists
Wednesday, May 25 Day 3
- 8:15 STL - RR - Koewers
- 2:00 Office meeting
- 2:30 Colts Assembly
- 3:10 Collab Team 4 - class lists
Thursday, May 26 No specials
- Field Day 9:30-11:30 3rd-4th grade
- Field Day 1:00-3:00 1st-2nd grade
- LAST DAY OF SCHOOL for students
Friday, May 27
- 7:15 EOY Breakfast @ FHS
- 8:00 EOY Celebration @ FHS Gym - certified staff required to attend
- 1:00-2:30 Nadine Gilkison - Digital Learning
- 2:30-3:00 EOY info and closure