Peter the Disciple
By: Elena Cornejo
Details about Peter's life:
- He was crucified upside down
- He died in Rome
- He wrote 1 & 2 Peter
- He became the leader of the church after Jesus died
- He was one of the "inner circle"
- He was a fisherman
- He was the son of Jonah and Joanna
- His brother was Andrew
- He lived in Capernaum
- Bethsaida was his hometown
- He was crucified upside down because he did not think he was worth enough to die like his Lord.
The Church of St.Peter's House
- Location: Inside the Capernaum National Park
- Connection: They built this Church there because they believe that is where Peter's house was. There was multiple church's that were built but they got ruined and this is the one that is standing now.
The Feast of St.Peter and St.Paul
- Location: Rome
- They do various rituals, music entertainment, fireworks and fairs.
- Connection: They do this to commemorate the death os St.Peter and St.Paul.