- Start online with a synchronous instruction model where students get daily interaction with their teacher.
- Students will be assigned a teacher and will move from online to face to face with that teacher.
- Grades will be recorded.
- Attendance will be taken each day.
- Google Classroom will be used.
- When students start back in building we will follow guidelines for social distancing.
- Masks will be required when social distancing cannot happen. (large transition times)
- We will have lunch, recess, and special area each day.
The second option will be Chandler Online Academy. This option will:
- Feature at least three live daily interactions.
- Have a typical school schedule to follow each day.
- Utilize Florida Virtual School (FLVS) curriculum.
- Require 3-5 hours of access to a computer daily.
- Attendance will be taken daily.
- Grades will be reported.
Please submit your decision to CUSD by July 14, 2020. If you need assistance navigating the parent portal or submitting your decision you can call the school and we are happy to assist.
Arrival and Dismissal
Dismissal will be different this year. We have a lot of families who pick students up and historically that process has taken time. This year will likely be the same amount of time, but we will be dismissing students differently. The first students that will be dismissed will be Kids Express and walkers/bike riders. Staff will be in hallways ensuring students are moving towards their destination. There will also be staff outside helping students. Students who ride a bus will be next. Staff will monitor and check that they have all the students and the buses will leave the campus. Once those groups are out, a bell will ring. This will signal our 6th,5th, and kindergarten students to walk out their designated door with their teachers. They will make their way to ramada out front. A second bell will ring and our students in grades 1-4 will exit their designated doors. They will also make their way to the ramada. Once all students are with under the ramada (wearing their face coverings), we will begin parent pick up. Siblings will not go to classrooms to pick up the younger child. All students will remain with their teacher until their family is called to the car. Again we ask that all families stay in their cars.
All buildings are going to be locked. If you arrive late please stay in your car and call the school at (480) 224-3400. A staff member will come out with the sign in sheet and then help your child get to their classroom. If you are going to need to pick up your children early we ask that you send a note ahead of time. We will do our best to have your student up in the front at the time you ask. You can call the school and we will bring your child out to you car for you. Please plan ahead as this will be difficult as it gets close to dismissal time.
****Student Challenge Alert****
We miss having students in the hallway. We can't have you here yet but you can help us make the office feel like you are. We have bought some picture frames to make a student gallery. If you draw us a picture on a normal letter sized paper and drop it off we will hang it up! The more colorful the better. Please put your name and grade on the back of your picture so we can share out your amazing work. There will be a box outside the front office next to the book return box. You can also mail it to us if that is easier. We can't wait to see all of your artistic ability!!
Should you have any questions please feel free to call or email. We are happy to clarify concerns or answer any questions you may have! We will get through this! We are stronger together!