By Alyssa Edwards
Definition of Cancer:
What are the symptoms?
What are some causes of Cancer?
What are some ways you can prevent cancer?
How do they test/diagnos Cancer?
Facts about Cancer:
- Cancer causes more death every year than AIDS, tuberculosis, and Malaria combined.
- In 2010 it was estimated that 569,490 people died of cancer.
- Skin cancer is the most common type of cancer worldwide. It's the most common because of the use of tanning beds, not using sunscreen, and people not protecting their skin.
- The World Health Organization estimates that about 40% of all cancers are preventable by having a healthy diet, not using any form of tobacco, and exercising.
- Second hand smoke can cause lung cancer.
- Lung cancer is the most fatal of all cancers.
- Not using tobacco is the best way to prevent certain cancers such as lung, throat, mouth, pancreas, bladder, stomach, liver, and kidney.
- There are over 200 types of cancer.
- Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer among women. Although mean can also get breast cancer.
"Detect It Early - Cancer Symptoms." 15-40 Connection Homepage. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Apr. 2013. <http://15-40.org/detect_it_early/cancer_symptoms/?gclid=CLa3lNGS6bYCFbFAMgodpWkAbQ#0
- "11 Facts About Cancer | Do Something." Do Something | Largest organization for teens and social cause. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Apr. 2013. <http://www.dosomething.org/actnow/tipsandtools/11-facts-about-cancer>.
- Pruitt, B. E., John P. Allegrante, and Deborah Stith. Prentice Hall health. Student ed. Boston, Mass.: Pearson/Prentice Hall, 2007. Print.
- "Clinical Neuropsychology | What is clinical neuropsychology?." All Psychology Careers | The Psychology Career and Education Center. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Apr. 2013. <http://www.allpsychologycareers.com/topics/clinical-neuropsychology.html>.
- "How the Government Destroys the Environment | Tea Party." Before It's News | Alternative News | UFO | Beyond Science | True News| Prophecy News | People Powered News. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Apr. 2013. <http://beforeitsnews.com/tea-party/2012/12/how-the-government-destroys-the-environment-2468382.html>.
- "Primer on Space Weather." NOAA / NWS Space Weather Prediction Center. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Apr. 2013. <http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/primer/>.
conditions.. "Why "no smoking" campaigns can often encourage people to smoke | The Drum." The Drum | Modern Marketing & Media. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Apr. 2013. <http://www.thedrum.com/news/2012/11/14/why-no-smoking-campaigns-can-often-encourage-people-smoke>.
"Week 5 Challenge: Add Diversity to Your Fruits and Veggies | Healthy Happy Fit Life." Healthy Happy Fit Life | Find Your New Normal. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Apr. 2013. <http://healthyhappyfitlife.com/week-5-challenge-new-fruit-veg/>.
- "Negative Effects of Medical Treatment for Cancer Patients | DiagnosisDisease.com." DiagnosisDisease.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Apr. 2013. <http://diagnosisdisease.com/treatment/negative-effects-of-medical-treatment-for-cancer-patients.html>.
- "Liver Cancer can be defeated: Tekmira Initiates TKM-PLK1 Phase 1 Human Clinical Trial | Cure Talk." TrialX - Connecting Patients to Clinical Trials. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Apr. 2013. <http://trialx.com/curetalk/2011/01/liver-cancer-defeated-tekmira-initiates-tkm-plk1-phase-1-clinical-trial/>.
- "Oral Cancer Exam." NIDCR Home. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Apr. 2013. <http://www.nidcr.nih.gov/imagegallery/oralhealth/OralCancerExam.htm>.