Sport - Week 6 Term 4, 2022
Tauranga Primary School
Tauranga Primary School appreciates the support of the Lion Foundation, who provide funding for our Sport Co-ordinator role.
Jo's Sport Talk
Would you believe it has been three years since the South Cluster Athletics Championships has taken place? Therefore the unpredictable weather was not going to dissuade us from going ahead on Monday morning. Forty TPS senior athletes impressively leaped from school production mode to the athletics arena, excited to compete against students from Selwyn Ridge, Welcome Bay, St Mary's, and Maungatapu primary schools. All of our TPS students proudly gave their best effort throughout the day. Whakamihi to the following athletes who placed in their respective events and will now participate in the WBOP Athletics Championships next week:
Tessa Baxter- 1st 800m Year 6 Girls
Timothy Cresswell- 2nd 800m and 1st Cricket Ball Throw Year 6 Boys
Mauritz Muller- 3rd 800m Year 6 Boys (Mauritz will be the non-travelling reserve for this event)
Oliver Preston-1st Discus and 2nd Cricket Ball Throw Year 5 Boys
Mak Inskeep- 2nd Discus Year 5 Boys
Micah Warrilow- 3rd Cricket Ball Throw Year 6 Boys
Emmanuella De Souza Tavares- 3rd High Jump Year 6 Girls
Playing dates for Term 4 Summer Sport Leagues
- Rippa and RIP Rugby Thursday 27th October to Thursday 1st December @ Greerton Marist Rugby Club
- Kiwi Volleyball Friday 28th October to Friday 9th December @ QEYC
- Fast Football Wednesday 2nd November to Wednesday 14th December @ Pemberton Park Greerton
- Mini Polo Tuesday 8th November to Tuesday 6th December @ Memorial Pool
TPS and Inter-School Sports Events in Term 4
- WBOP Touch Rugby Tournament (Year 3-6s) - Friday 25th November @ Gordon Spratt Reserve in Papamoa, 9:00am - 3:00pm
- WBOP Athletics (Year 5 & 6s qualifiers only) - Wednesday 30th November @ Tauranga Domain, 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Girls Super Smash Cricket (Year 5 & 6s) - Thursday 1st December @ Fergusson Park in Matua, 9:00am - 2:30pm
TPS Sports Stars
Timothy Cresswell had an amazing experience as part of the New Zealand Mighty 11 BMX Race Team, competing in Taupo over Labour Weekend. Leading up to race day, they received professional training and enjoyed a presentation dinner with the opposition Australian Team. A highlight for Timothy was singing the national anthem and performing the haka. Timothy competed in the 11 year old boys' event, winning all 6 Moto Races plus the semi-final, and finished in 2nd place in the final. This was an experience he definitely will not forget!
Weet-Bix Tryathlon Mt Maunganui
Good Luck to all TPS students entering the Week-Bix Tryathlon at Mt Maunganui this weekend!
Finally, I am located in the school Tech block during the hours below, otherwise, email is a reliable source of contact.
My office hours:
· Monday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
· Tuesday and Wednesday 11:30am - 3:00pm
· Thursday 9:00am -3:30pm
Timothy performing the National Anthem with the NZ Mighty 11 BMX Team
Timothy in action
Timothy finished 2nd overall at the Trans Tasman BMX Championships
Community Notice Board
ESOL Teacher Aide Position Available
ESOL Teacher Aide - 20 hours per week (School terms)
English for Speakers of Other Languages commencing 2nd Feb 2023
We are seeking a teacher aide to tutor our domestic ESOL students. The role involves planning and small group coaching with a focus on building language skills.
Applications close 12:00pm, 5th December 2022. Application packs and additional information can be collected from our school office or downloaded from www.tauranga.school.nz.
Please apply in writing to Robyn Caley, firstname.lastname@example.org
Application forms must be completed to be considered for this position.
· Hours of work Monday to Friday 8.50am-12.50pm – 20 hours
· Experience or relevant skills in tutoring ESOL preferred
· Flexibility and initiative essential- the ability to plan, change and adjust programme independently
· Works alongside another ESOL teacher aide and Assistant Principal to structure and plan the programme
· Coach small groups withdrawn from class
· Some professional development is provided
· Hourly rate in accordance with Support Staff in Schools Collective Agreement - takes into consideration relevant qualifications
· Hours are permanent with some flexibility around additional hours depending on student numbers
· Start term 1 2023- position is term time hours only