Burt Elementary School October 2022
A Note From Ms. Mathis and Dr. Funderburk
Zaxbys Spirit night October 18! At Lowes Dr. Location
Upcoming Dates to Remember
October 6- Title I Parent Meeting 4:30-5
October 7- End of 1st 9 Weeks
October 10-14- Fall Break NO SCHOOL
October 18- PICTURE DAY (Retakes Nov 17)
October 24-28- Red Ribbon Week
October 26- Report Cards Released
October 27- Burt Family Night 4:30-6
November 8- Election Day NO SCHOOL
November 11-Veteran's Day NO SCHOOL
Reminders from the Office
- Early Dismissals- Please keep in mind that there are NO dismissals from the front office after 3:00 pm. Students must be here for at least 3 hours and 31 minutes in order to be counted as present for the day. In addition, students are learning from the time school starts until the very end of the day, so please try not to dismiss your student early every day.
- School Messenger-If for some reason, you have blocked our school messenger, you will need to unblock the school number in case we need to reach you in the event of an emergency
- Contact information-Please make sure you keep us up-to-date on all phone number and address changes, as well as emergency contact information. Changes in contact information for your child can be entered at parents.cmcss.net
- Changes in transportation-If you are needing to change the way your student will be getting home on any given day, please send in a hand-written note. We cannot accept changes over the phone as it is difficult to fully verify your identity.
- Photo IDs-A government-issued ID is required in order to dismiss your student early. Anyone who comes to pick your student up must be on the emergency card or we must receive a note of authorization from you. The same will apply in the car rider line in the event the person picking up does not have a car tag.
- Parent Notes (up to 5 days person school year)
- Doctor/dentist/hospital notes
- Required court appointments
- Funeral Documentation
Any of these items and any questions you may have regarding attendance can be sent to our attendance clerk, firstname.lastname@example.org