High School Eagle Update
Well, the 1st quarter of school is coming to a close. It has been a whirlwind of new experiences, lots of learning, and excitement at the high school. This is the time to reflect on where you are at. Did you get the grades you wanted? Did you take advantage of flex? Did you step out of your comfort zone and try something new at the high school? The nice thing is we have three more quarters. If the first quarter did not go as you planned, do not let it define the rest of your year. If you are thriving, keep it up, and do not stop it.
VETERANS DAY SPEAKERS
Milford High School would be honored to have veterans come in to speak with students in recognition of Veterans Day on Monday, November 14, 2022. We chose this day so that you can attend events in our school district. If you are a veteran or know a veteran who would like to attend, please fill out the attached form.
FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) opened this week. All students who plan to attend post-secondary education of any kind (Career Tech, 2 Year, 4 Year College) should complete the FAFSA. I've included some resources below to help you, including information about our FAFSA Night on October 24.
FAFSA Night @ Milford High School
Monday, October 24
6:00pm-6:45pm -- FAFSA Presentation
6:45pm - 7:45pm -- 1:1 FAFSA Help
Positive behavioral interventions and supports (PBIS) is an approach schools use to promote school safety and good behavior. With PBIS, schools teach kids about behavior expectations and strategies.
Milford High School is looking for gift card donations to support our student PBIS rewards program. The gift cards could be to local businesses and places around Milford in small dollar amounts ($5 or $10). Any donations can be dropped off in the main office at MHS. Our deadline is 10/13, the day before fall break.
Please double-check your student's lunch fees. If they have fees please work to take care of them. If there is a hardship please let us know and we will connect you with the right paperwork.
Update from Superintendent John Spieser
October 7, 2022
Please take a minute to watch this edition of the Milford Schools Super60. All the news you need in about 60 seconds! https://youtu.be/DtfCNBF5qE8
Superintendent Spieser covers:
- This week was Local Menu Takeover week. Milford Schools was one of only four local districts chosen to participate in this pilot program through Green Umbrella's Feed Our Future program. The goal is to encourage and utilize locally sourced produce in our schools. The kids loved the menu variety and fall flavors! To read more, click here to read an article featuring Milford Schools: https://spectrumnews1.com/oh/columbus/news/2022/10/04/-local-menu-takeover--at-regional-schools
- The teachers at Milford Schools are second to none! Incredible and memorable learning experiences happen every day in our classrooms. This week, we'd like to highlight three hands-on learning experiences we know our students won't forget! Visit us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at milford_schools to see photos!
- Penguins visited McCormick this week thanks to The Wave Foundation and the Newport Aquarium
- Mrs. Farrell made PE extra fun this week at Boyd by creating an obstacle course in the gym
- Mrs. Huggins introduced the students at Pattison to plein air painting in the beautiful Valley View nature preserve
- Fall break begins next week! Friday is a non-school day for students and teachers have a professional development day. There is no school on Monday 10/17 and Tuesday 10/18.
Fall Break for students begins on Friday, October 14. Students will return to school on Wednesday, October 19 to begin 2nd quarter!
Important Links for the 22-23 School Year
Use Pay Schools to pay for lunches, school fees, sport participation fees, and more!
Click on this link to learn how to sign up and get started!
School Lunches 22-23
For those that don’t know, school breakfast and lunch will no longer be free in the fall of 2022 in all states except California and Maine (these two have continued the program). If you think your student qualifies for free or reduced lunch, you will need to fill out an application with the school district. And remember, if your student gets free or reduced lunch, they also get free or reduced breakfast. When the form is available (August 1st) for 22-23, it will be posted here.
Milford School District has partnered with FinalForms, to enable parents/guardians to complete their child’s forms online. Click here to update your child's information if anything has changed from last year! This is the tool you use to keep all family and student information up to date throughout the school year.
Milford's Transportation Department will share bus routes electronically via ELinks.
- MEVSD parents use your child's student ID number for both the username and password.
- Click on “work with students.”
- Click on “view my students.”
- Click on your “student's name” to view transportation record.
*The system is still being updated for the 2022-2023 school year and may not yet be accurate or up-to-date.
We encourage you to have these forms filled out over the summer prior to the beginning of next school year. If you wish to drop off medication and permission forms for next school year, the clinic will be open beginning August 9th , 2021 daily from 8am-2pm.
Patty Price BSN, RN, LSN
Stefanie Flynn BSN, RN
ATHLETICS & EXTRACURRICULARS
For information about athletics, please access these sites to find information and contacts.
Milford High School Athletic website
Milford High School Band website
Milford High School Choir website
Milford Engineering website
Director of Athletics - Mr. Aaron Zupka
Director of Extracurriculars - Mr. Josh Kauffman
Click these links to access the district website and the calendar page with dates for the 2022-2023 School Year!
High School Twitter Accounts to Follow
Milford Schools - @Milford_Schools
Mr. Spieser (MEVSD Superintendent) - @Milford_Super
Dr. Arnold (MHS Principal) - @Dr_Tyler_Arnold
Mr. Yeager (NGC Associate Principal) - @MrDYeager
Mr. Haluga (MHS Assistant Principal - 10th) - @MHS_Haluga
Mrs. Kauffman (MHS Assistant Principal - 12th) - @MHS_KKauffman
Mr. Carter (MHS Assistant Principal - 11th) - @MHS_Carter
Mr. Hatfield (Milford Academy Principal) - @MHS_SuccessAcad
Milford Athletics - @Milford_Eagles
Proud Principal of Milford High School Every Kid Every Day
Location: 1 Eagles Way, Milford, OH 45150, USA