August 2015 Monthly Report
LMS Library Mission Statement
What happened in August...
- We had 16 classes visit. -Mrs. Jones, Ms. Hannon, and Mrs. Brocket came in to check out books. Mrs. Loftis and Mr. Calhoun came in for library orientation. If you are interested in bringing your class during flex time to check out contact me and we would love to set that visit up.
- We had 597 books checked out and 126 library visits outside of classes coming.
We are excited to say that our book circulations have greatly increased since last year. Statistics show that last May we checked out 130 books and just in the two weeks of August we have had students checked out over double that number.
We have ordered multiple copies of the SCJBA and they are located on display right when you walk in the library. Tell you students to come check one out so they can be closer to an invitation to the voting party!!
Thank you for a great start!
We just want to say thank you to all of the Lakeview faculty and staff for a great "kick off" to the new year! The library is thankful for all of you and all you do!
We are excited to announce we have increased our Spanish novels with over 100 new copies of popular books for young adults.
Thank you for a great start!
Lakeview Middle Reading Programs
Take a few minutes to find out more details about the reading programs beginning in September!
Rules for the South Carolina Junior Book Awards (SCJBA) Award Book Program
· Read 5 of the Junior Book Award Winners.
· Comment a brief summary of the book (avoid spoilers) and if you liked it or not.
**You must be signed into your school Google account to get credit.**
Blog site: https://sites.google.com/a/greenvilleschools.us/lms-junior-book-awards/home Link can be found on library webpage.
· Or, come to the Media Center, take the quiz, and pass it.
· If you have a total of 5 between blog posts and passed quizzes you will be invited to a voting celebration in February. Posts and quizzes will be tallied January 31st.
What you get for participating...
If you read 5 books from the SCJBA list and post your summary, or pass the test, on all five books...
- You will be one of the select few invited to the "voting celebration!" This is where you get to vote on your favorite book for the whole state of South Carolina.
- The celebration will include snacks and drawings for free prizes.
- You will get a certificate of participation.
- You will receive a personalized bookmark.
SwampRabbits "Six for Sticks" Reading Incentive
Rules for the Six for Sticks Program
· Each student will be asked to read a minimum of 6 grade level books in six weeks. The six week period will be from the week of Labor Day to Columbus Day (September 7-October 12).
· Parents will be asked to return the child’s reading log to their teacher by October 16th.
What you will get for participating…
· Each participating schools students who complete the challenge receive a Buy One, Get One ticket voucher for the game night on: November 14, 2015 along with a certificate of completion.
· Each week the leading class will receive the title of the Warriors of the Week and be recognized on the morning announcements.
· The class who has read the most books at the end of the competition will win a class party.