Taylor ISD DuckLink #11
empowering student success and school improvement
Are You Integrating? Part V
The fifth area for integrating Technology Applications is Digital Citizenship. The student practices safe, responsible, legal, and ethical behavior while using technology tools and resources. Here are some resources that may be useful to you.
The student is expected to:
- Understand, explain, and practice copyright principles, including current laws, fair use guidelines, creative commons, open source, and public domain
- Practice and explain ethical acquisition of information and standard methods for citing sources.
- Practice and explain safe and appropriate online behavior, personal security guidelines, digital identity, digital etiquette, and acceptable use of technology
- Understand and explain the negative impact of inappropriate technology use, including online bullying and harassment, hacking, intentional virus setting, invasion of privacy, and piracy such as software, music, video, and other media
Research and Information Fluency https://smore.com/qg1d
Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, and Decision Making https://smore.com/qfv2
See this site to learn more about your particular grade level TEKS for Technology Applications.
JP's Apps Gone Free!
Here are some apps that recently became free! Be sure to check them out for your students and see if they align with your next lesson. (These apps may not remain free so get them today.)
- Pento (Alternative to Evernote)
- Chartkeeper (Seating Chart)
- Easy Portfolio (ePortfolio Tool for Students and Teachers)