Unit 1 Week 1
WONDERS IS ONLINE!
- Stay connected with the skills, strategies, and stories we are learning in our Reading program!
- Just click the link to log in: ConnectEd Wonders Reading Series!
- Be sure to use your child's unique username and password!
This Week's Spelling Lists:
Please make daily Spelling practice a priority. Also, take advantage of Spelling City! It is a fabulous online resource and it makes Spelling practice much more fun!
This Week's Spelling Rule:
- Short a and i vowel sounds in each word.
- Words with short a and i vowel sounds usually have the CVC (consonant-vowel-consonant) pattern, like cat and hit. Words with short a and i vowel sounds may also have CCVC or CVCC patterns.
- The letters a and i followed by a consonant usually indicate a short vowel sound.
Approaching Level Word List:
clap, sick, bag, fan, band, snap, rack, hid, miss, click, grin, sit, bill, big, kick
On Level Word List:
clap, camp, hand, stamp, snack, rack, grabs, glad, bill, miss, click, pink, sick, grin, lift
This Week's Wonders Highlights
ached; concentrate; discovery; educated; effort; improved; inspired; satisfied
Character; Setting; Plot: Character