May 21, 2021
Dates to Remember
05/24 - Field Day (During Specials)
05/25 - Field Day (During Specials)
05/25 - TWHS Graduation
05/26 - Fourth Grade Clap Out 11:30 AM
05/26 - Last Day of School - Early Dismissal 12:10 PM
A Message From Dr. Lambert
This time of year can be bittersweet in schools. We are wrapping up a school year which means fourth grade students will soon be moving on to fifth grade. Some of our Bobcats will move over the summer, and some of our staff will move on to new adventures.
There is also renewal at this time of year—especially this year. We are renewing traditions: field day, yearbook signing day, and 4th Grade Clap-out. We are taking opportunities to find new ways to make each day meaningful for our kids and families: Kindergarten Graduation (see the included picture) and, with the hard work of the PTO, Spring Fling.
As we near the end of this school year, I want to do two this: 1) thank you and 2) provide an introduction. As I mentioned at our Kindergarten Graduations this week, this has been a special year. We have accomplished so much shown our flexibility in the process. From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU for trusting us with your children and for working with me to make sure we made the best decisions we could to ensure the safety of our students and staff. The Bush community is truly something special.
And now for an introduction. As Bush continues to grow, we have the opportunity to add additional staff. During the 2021-2022 school year, we will add a second assistant principal. Don't worry, Mrs. Dupre isn't going anywhere, but she is getting a partner assistant principal. Mrs. Elizabeth Thompson will join our Bobcat Family next year. We are still working on the division of responsibilities, but we do know that Mrs. Dupre will be the assistant principal for third and fourth grades. Mrs. Thompson will work with kindergarten, first grade, and second grade. For more information about Mrs. Thompson, please read her message below.
Once again, thank you for a truly amazing school year! It is, as always, my honor to be entrusted with the education of your children. It's a responsibility I do not take lightly.
Take good care and let's end the year strong,
Dr. Jarod Lambert
A Message from Mrs. Thompson
Hello Bobcat Families!
My name is Elizabeth Thompson and I am beyond thrilled to be joining the Bush community as Assistant Principal for the 2021-2022 school year! I graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a degree in Early Childhood Education and have 9 years of teaching experience in grades 1-4. I received my Master’s Degree from Concordia University and also spent one year as a Language Arts District Instructional Coach here in Conroe ISD
I am married and have two sweet girls, Camilla and Corinne. On my free time we enjoy playing outside, watching movies, and visiting new places. We spend a lot of time at The Woodlands Play Street Museum learning and exploring. We also love to read.
Education is my passion, and I am always striving to grow myself in my practice. I promise to pour my heart and soul into your child’s education as their assistant principal and will do everything I can to ensure that your child is achieving his or her maximum potential. Please know that I am always going to be here to support you with your child’s education. Every decision I make will be what I believe is best for your child and his or her success. I cannot wait to meet you and your children soon! Go Bobcats!
4th Grade Clap-out | May 26th at 11:30am
Field Day Reminders
Lost & Found
CISD Police Department Reminder
A few friendly reminders in regards to school zone safety and car rider drop off safety:
- Please remember to remind your children NOT to cross until the crossing guards are at their posts in the morning.
- Please remember if you are in your car, to wait for the crossing guards not only to cross the children, but for the crossing guards themselves to make it back to the sidewalk.
- Please remember to stay off your cell phones when driving in school zones.
- Please remember their are NO DOGS allowed on school property. This is for your personal liability and the safety of all of our students.
- Please remember there are no U-turns in front of the school.
- Most important, during arrival and dismissal it's right turn only out of the parking lot.
PreK, K, & New Student Enrollment
CISD Summer School Information
School is almost out, and it is time to think about summer programs. Conroe ISD offers several valuable programs over the summer. Here are a few:
- Students in kindergarten through sixth grade can attend Kids Quest Academic Courses. This program focuses on helping students with skills in their grade level. The cost is $150 per child, and parents must provide transportation.
- Students in second through sixth grades may attend Experiencing Robotics. The cost is $150 per child, and parents must provide transportation.
- Students in kindergarten through second grades are invited to attend Passport to Learning: ESL. This program is by invitation only due to the limited number of spots available. If you are interested in this program, please contact your child’s teacher.
You can find more information for all of these programs, including information regarding registration, at https://www.conroeisd.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Summer-School-2021.pdf (English version) or https://www.conroeisd.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Summer-School-2021-Spanish-1.pdf (Spanish Version)
Message from our Front Office
- All transportation changes need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before 2:00 PM each day.
- Car rider dismissal reminder: Entering the school driveway at dismissal is by right turn only. All traffic leaving the school should turn right onto Crownridge as well.
- Only visitors essential to school operations will be permitted to enter CISD facilities.
- All individuals entering the building must wear a face mask covering their mouth and nose.
- Visitors will be required to complete a COVID-19 screening form in the reception area prior to leaving the front office area.
- Only essential learning items can be dropped off on our outside drop off table.
- Students forgetting lunches will be allowed to get a meal from the cafeteria. Breakfast and lunch (one each per child each day) are free in the cafeteria this school year.
- Students forgetting a water bottle will be given one at school.
- Students need to have a mask on while riding a CISD school bus.
- Please remember that CISD property is tobacco free. There is no smoking/vaping while on school property. This includes carline.
2021-2022 CISD School Calendar
Bush Clinic Phone - 936-709-1609
All medications signed into the clinic for the 2020-2021 school year must be picked up by Wednesday, May 26. Medications must be picked up by a parent/guardian or designated adult. No medication can be sent home with the student on the school bus. No medication is stored in the clinic over the summer. Any medication not picked up by Weds, May 26, 2021, will be discarded.
Nurse Cheryl Kirchner, RN
Evelin Padilla, Clinic Assistant
The Bush School Counselor would like to survey parents and teachers in order to develop and provide programs that meet the students' needs. This survey will help her determine the needs of the students individually as well as which topics she may need to address in the classroom and small group sessions. The survey is anonymous, as we require no identifying information other than grade level unless you choose to add your student's name. Our counselor would appreciate your time in answering the questions on the link below. Thank you for helping us better meet the needs of your children.
In our counseling lessons this month, we are talking about personal and Internet safety. Please see resources below to continue the discussion at home with your student. Feel free to contact me should you have any questions or need additional resources.
Summer will be here soon! See idea below for keeping young minds and bodies active.
Click here to visit Mrs. McGhee’s Virtual Counseling Office
Click here for Resources for Students and Families
Monday, May 17, 2021
Tuesday, May 18, 2021
Wednesday, May 19, 2021
Thursday, May 20, 2021
Friday, May 21, 2021
Conroe ISD's School Messenger
All SMS messages received from the Conroe ISD District Office and your child's campus will begin with "Conroe ISD:" and come from the subscribe code 67587. If you have not yet opted-in to receive SMS messages, you can do so at any time throughout the school year by texting "Y" to 67587.
2021-2022 Spirit Wear goes on sale starting Monday, May 24 at BushPTO.com!
Check out the awesome new options for next school year, including a zip-up hoodie, tie-dye shirts, personalized metal water bottles, canvas totes and a pop-it keychain! Order your new Spirit Wear by June 30th to ensure it is delivered by the start of school in August.
Join the Team!
Parliamentarian: This position ensures that the PTO bylaws are being followed by the board and assists the board on questions of parliamentary procedure. This position also heads up the Nominating Committee when recruiting the new Executive Board (which occurs in the spring). It is important that this person is able to attend the monthly board meetings to be able to oversee them.
Marquee Coordinator: This position works with our front office staff to update the marquee as needed. It typically involves working once a week, but can be more when there is a birthday to be added or PTO Spirit nights. This position can be shared by two people.
Academic Outreach: This position is responsible for working with teachers and Dr. Lambert to find ways in which the PTO can enhance academic learning at Bush through bringing in fun and exciting outside organizations that support the curriculum. This position will also help assist in the new Team Scholarship program that will be initiated next year to help support the Grade Level and Specials Teams with additional curriculum based “extra” programs/projects they want to bring to their students.
Bobcat Bonanza Committee: Committee members would help in planning the Spring Bonanza. Including wristband and raffle ticket sales, games, food and drink, children’s raffle, silent auction, entertainment and facility preparation.
Yearbook Team: Helps with the production of the yearbook, including photography, design, editing and distribution.
Email Caitlin at President@BushPTO.com, if interested.
Pre-orders are now available for 2021-2022 School Supplies
Order Securely Online Starting Now thru June 1st. Late orders start June 2nd - June 27th
2. Enter the school ID, BUS010 (3 letters/3 numbers)
3. Follow the directions to complete your order.
4. Keep your online confirmation as your receipt. Orders will be charged tax at checkout.
School supplies will be delivered to classrooms prior to the first day of school. This is NOT a fundraiser and the list comes directly from your child's teacher.
Bush Elementary: A nurturing and inclusive community where students become empowered citizens and life-long learners. Every student, every day!
Our school hours are 8:00-3:10. Students may arrive as early as 7:30 and will go to their homeroom beginning at that time.
The Conroe Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding these non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, Texas 77304; (936)-709-7700 and the Section 504/ADA Coordinator, 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, Texas 77304; (936) 709-7670.