Strive Center for Autism
Changes to Health Screening Questions
- In the past 24 hours, have you experienced any one of the following symptoms NOT explained by a known medical or physical condition: fever (above 100.4 degrees F), an uncontrollable cough, or shortness of breath?
- In the past 24 hours, have you experienced at least TWO of the following not explained by a known medical or physical condition: loss of taste or smell, muscle aches ("myalgia"), sore throat, congestion/runny nose, severe headache, diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain?
- Have you tested positive or are considered presumptive positive for COVID-19 by a medical professional in the past 14 days?
- Have you lived with, or had close contact with, someone that has tested positive or presumed positive for COVID-19 by a medical professional in the past 14 days (being within six feet of the diagnosed individual for at least fifteen minutes)?
- Have you traveled internationally in the past 14 days?
These updates are based on guidance from the CDC and our local health departments.
Return to Therapy Requirements
Return to Therapy Requirements
Clients who answered positive to question number 1 or 2 on the daily health screening may return to therapy if the client is ill with mild symptoms that improved in a short period of time AND that client has tested negative for COVID -19 (provided the symptoms do not meet criteria outlined in the regular illness policy.) They do not have to continue to stay at home for the 10 full days after symptoms begin.
Clients who test positive for COVID-19 or clients who answer “yes” to question 1 or 2 on the daily health screening but whose parents choose not to undergo testing for COVID-19 may discontinue isolation and return to therapy upon achieving the following conditions:
- At least 10 days have passed since symptom onset;
- At least 24 hours have passed since resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications; AND
- Other symptoms have improved.
Children who came into close contact with, or live with, an individual with a confirmed diagnosis or symptoms may return to therapy after either 14 days have passed since the last close contact with the diagnosed/symptomatic individual; or the diagnosed/symptomatic individual receives a negative COVID-19 test; or the child has received clearance from the local health department. If the child develops symptoms while in quarantine, they must then revert to the 10 days past symptoms; 24 hours without fever without the use of fever-reducing medications; and other symptoms have improved requirement.
Children who have traveled internationally must self quarantine for 14 days unless they have received clearance from the local health department. If the child develops symptoms while in quarantine, they must then revert to the 10 days past symptoms; 24 hours without fever without the use of fever-reducing medications; and other symptoms have improved.
Apples and Fall Fun Day
Lots of cute preschool apple activities! Thanks for sharing.
Fall Fun Day is coming up on October 2nd. We're planning a number of fun outdoor activities for the kids, including painting pumkins, apple picking (and eating!), bowling for ghosts, and donuts and cider. Please speak to your BCBA if your child has any food allergies that would interfere with apples, cider, and donuts. If you have an alternative that you can send, we'll be happy to provide those.
TheraWe Platform Is Here!
For families who were trying to access TheraWe using an apple product, there was a hiccup - apparently the app wasn't quite ready! It appears that it is now ready, so if you were using an apple product and struggling, please try one more time.
Any parents who haven't created their TheraWe account should have received another email this week from TheraWe regarding set-up. Please let your BCBA know if you haven't received one.
Each of the BCBAs has made a "Welcome to TheraWe" post in your account, so please check those out and comment on the post when you've been able to see it. That will let us know that we can begin using the platform to communicate with you more.
TheraWe will help us with HIPAA compliant video chat and ways to post content related to your child's therapy that you can view on your time. We look forward to exploring its many uses with you.
Trick or Treat!
You are welcome to send your child's Halloween costume into the center around the first of October, and we'll make sure he's comfortable wearing it before the big day. Sometimes our kids need more than a quick practice to wear a costume long enough to participate in festivities. We normally use costumes and dress up items in our dramatic play center for Halloween, but this year we will stick with either the costume you send in, or plastic items that can be sanitized.
We typically use a variety of non-edible treats at our trick or treat stations, and may use some candy items. We will check with individual parents regarding any edible treats prior to our big trick or treat day to make sure your child has a fun and safe experience.
Trick or Treat at Strive
Friday, Oct. 30th, 8am
Burton and Brighton
Burton Hair Cut Workshop
Saturday, Nov. 7th, 9am-12pm
There is a $20 fee for the haircut.