Theatre Arts Center
Parent Mask Survey!
Last day of classes - June 2!
The last day of classes will be Wednesday, June 2, 2021.
Please see the yellow and purple rehearsal schedules below.
- NOTE: Friday, June 4th classes WILL take place.
Purple Recital Group:
- All acting classes
- Junior & Senior Companies (will be in both shows)
- Sunday 7:00pm class (will be in both shows)
- Monday 8:00pm class (will be in both shows)
Rehearsal: Thursday, June 3th from 4:00 to 7:00pm (at Hansel Park) Rehearsal and shows are at HANSEL PARK in Buckingham twp. When you arrive into the parking lot walk uphill and you will see the band shell. See attached link for the order of the show - Click on PURPLE tab
If you are in: (PLEASE ARRIVE PROMPTLY)
4:00 - number 1 thru 10
4:45 - Arrive numbers 11 - 20
5:15 - Arrive numbers 20 - 27
5:45 - All performers will learn curtain call
6:00 - Notes from Mr.Bruce, Ms Kristine & Mr Stephen
6:45 - Clean up (please help)
- Plastic bin with lid (no bags) that will fit all streetwear and shoes. At the start of the rehearsal and shows you will be asked to put all streetwear in your bin. We will stack them out of the way. Therefore, afterward there should be no missing shoes, socks, clothing etc.NAMES must me on bins and bin lids.
- Actors (if you are only doing a monologue) wear your costume to the rehearsal and performance.
- Actors/Dancers - wear your black leotard/tank and tights/pants to rehearsals and show with a cover up to remove and put in your bin at the start of the rehearsal and show.
- Musical Theatre numbers will be without dance floor for this rehearsal so they might need to be marked.
Dress Rehearsal: Saturday, June 5th from 11:00am to 1:00 pm (at Hansel Park)
10:45 - Cast of WILKOMEN ready to have microphones put on.
11:00 till 1:00 - The entire cast. Please follow the same rules as above.
We will start and run the rehearsal exactly the way the performance will be run.
Performance: Sunday, June 6th at 2:00pm
Arrive no later than 1:15 PM for our 2 PM performance. Follow the procedure you have learned in rehearsal.
Any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or ask you teacher when you are at the studio. Looking forward to our first Theatre Arts Center combined Acting & Musical Theatre performance.
Yellow Recital Group:
This group includes: ALL dance classes and musical theatre classes (no acting classes)
Rehearsal & Dress Rehearsal: Saturday, June 5th from 1:15pm to 7:00pm
Call-time: Sunday, June 6th at 7:00pm
Recital Performance: Sunday, June 6th at 8:00pm
Rehearsal: Saturday 5th from 1:15 to 7:00pm (at Hansel Park) Rehearsal and shows are at HANSEL PARK in Buckingham twp. When you arrive into the parking lot walk uphill and you will see the band shell.See attached link for the order of the show - Click on YELLOW tab
If you are in: (PLEASE ARRIVE PROMPTLY)
- 1:15 - Cast of NAME IN LIGHTS CAST (Junior Company) ready to have mics put on.
- 1:30 - 2:00 - Act I (SEE ATTACHED LIST) we will space and run those numbers and if you do not have any additional number you may leave after we run your number and return at 3:45 for a complete dress rehearsal non stop like a performance.
- 2:00 - 3:30 - Act II Spacing
- 4:00 - 6:15 - RUN SHOW - we will not stop as if it is a performance.
- 6:15 - 7:00 - notes and clean up. Make sure you take everything with you and organize it for SUNDAY. Please help with clean-up.
- Plastic bin with lid (no bags) that will fit all streetwear and shoes marked clearly with your name. At the start of the rehearsal and shows you will be asked to put all streetwear in your bin. We will stack them out of the way. Therefore, afterward there should be no missing shoes, socks, clothing etc.
- Performers - wear your black leotard/black tank and tights/pants to rehearsals and show with a cover up to remove and put in your bin at the start of the rehearsal and show. Performers must arrive with hair and make up done. Makeup should only been a little more than street makeup. Young Ladies: hair totally away from their face and in a bun. Young gentlemen: hair slick back out of face.
Performance: Sunday, June 5th at 8:00pm (at Hansel Park)
- Arrive no later than 7:00 PM for our 8 PM performance. Follow the procedure you have learned in rehearsal.
- Students with more than one class, will have a chair backstage to set their costumes in the order they will be using them.
- Students that only have one number to perform will be brought out to sit in a designated area till intermission then their parents may pick them up to sit with them. Please send them backstage when the Carmen Ballet number (black skirts and red flower in hair) so they can be ready to line up for the curtain call.
- At intermission - Students who are not only in Act 1, may get their bins and leave at intermission if they wish to.
- After Curtain Call there will be a short thank you speech and saying goodbye to our Seniors who have been with us many, many year. After that we will ask all students to sit on stage as we bring out their bins to go backstage and change clothing. At that point when they are done they will come to meet their parents.
- We will then tear down everything and put them in cars and trucks to bring to the studio. We still need volunteers to load and unload at the studio on Saturday and Sunday. Please sign up on the sign up genius.
Any questions, please email us at email@example.com or ask you teacher when you are at the studio. Looking forward to a terrific recital the students have been working so hard to perfect their numbers.
Base Costume Info:
We have not ordered our regular costumes in case of a shutdown. I also wanted to keep the cost down. Therefore, all students will need the following base costume in order to perform.http://curtaincallforclass.com (they all need to be the same) therefore you must these specific ones. You can order from the list we created for Curtain Call or order from another place, just please be sure to stick to the items listed.
- To order from Curtain Call: Go to the top of site where it says to log into account. Type in Theatre Arts Center (it will come up as Buckingham due to our PO Box). Theatre Arts Center – password is Recital 2021.
Costuming Fee Info:
In addition please pay a costume and accessory fee of $20 (per class) that they are performing in. There are two ways to pay this fee:
- Venmo (@TheatreArtsCenter)
- Drop a check off payable to Theatre Arts Center
- Tap Classes need tap shoes
- Musical Theatre tan Grecian shoes you can order them on amazon for $27.00 https://www.amazon.com/DANCEYOU-Teaching-Grecian-Leather
- Ballet class pink ballet shoes
- Point class point shoes
Base costume for female dance & musical theatre classes:
TIGHTS - one of the following options for tights:
Child and Adult sizes available in many places, including Amazon:
Capezio® Ultra Soft Transition Tight (light suntan)
Capezio® Ultra Soft Tight (light suntan)
Capezio® Ultra Soft Transition Tight (maple option for dark skinned students)
Capezio® Ultra Soft Tight (maple option for dark skinned students)
Child and Adult sizes only available on Curtain Call:
Ovation® Transition Tights (caramel color)
Ovation® Full Footed Tights (caramel color)
Capezio® High Neck Tank Leotard (black) - adult and child sizes available on Amazon