Effective Communication with kids
Why is effective communication with children important?
Effective communication with children is important because they have limited verbal skills. They express their emotions through crying, screaming, laughing. etc. Children between birth-12 months base their views of themselves in their daily experiences. They look around at adults or other kids to see what they are doing and mimic their actions. Daily interactions with children can help them learn about themselves and the everything around them.
How should you communicate with children?
Some ways to communicate with children are...
- quick responds to infant communication
- high pitch when communicating
- face the infant when you're interacting
- let the child know that you understand what they are trying to express
- pay attention to the way they express their emotions