- Don't forget to read and earn a free ticket to Six Flags! Six Flags Read to Succeed forms are due back on Friday, February 24.
- The Paradise Lady Panthers will be facing Brock in the Bi-District basketball playoff game Monday night at Azle High School. Game time is 7:30, so come support our girls!
- The fourth grade field trip to Casa Manana is Tuesday, February 14. Don't forget to send a sack lunch and drink with your child.
- It's time for soccer sign-ups! Be on the look out for a form to come home with your child. If you need another copy, they are available in the office. Soccer signups end February 15.
- The Paradise Band Boosters are hosting Donkey Basketball Friday, February 24, at 7:00pm in the old high school gym. Save money by pre-ordering your tickets for $6 a person. Tickets will be $8 at the door.
- February's lunch menu is here.
- Each Wednesday is College Day at the Intermediate. Students and teachers are encouraged to wear a t-shirt from their favorite university.
Did You Know?
Our school has several tools that can help your child continue learning outside of the regular school day. Here are few we'd like to highlight for you:
- BrainPOP- BrainPOP is a collection of short videos that help students understand concepts in many subject areas, such as science, social studies, English, mathematics, engineering and technology, health, and arts and music. The videos are fun to watch and often have a short quiz or game at the end to reinforce the learning. You can access BrainPOP by going to the website www.brainpop.com, or by downloading their free app. Log in with the username paradiseisd_2 and the password brainpop to see all the content that is available.
- Study Island- Study Island is a web-based tool that helps students practice skills they are learning in class in a fun and engaging way. Each student has an individual log in and may access both reading and math lessons from home. Meeting Study Island math goals will help your child attend our iT'Z Pizza trip later in the year. You can also check your child's progress. Blue ribbons mean mastery while yellow triangles or white ribbons mean more practice is needed. Ask your child for his or her login information and use the link above to check out Study Island. If you need help getting logged in, please let us know.
- Math4Texas- Math4 Texas is a web site provided by the state of Texas that is designed to help parents. According to their site: "Math4Texas showcases the Math TEKS by grade level with tips, examples, digital tools, and videos to help parents understand the math concepts and skills that their children are learning." We understand that math homework looks different today than it did when we were in school. Sometimes it's helpful to see an example so you can know how to best help your child. We hope this is a resource that you can use. If you have questions, please contact us!
Ways to Stay "In the Know"
At Paradise Intermediate we want parents to be a part of our team! Here are some ways you can stay up to date on what is going on at our school. We encourage you to find something that works for you and check back often. We are always up to something new and exciting, and we'd love for you to be a part of it! Find out more here.