January 19, 2021
Dear King Families
As I shared with the King staff earlier, yesterday we celebrated the life and accomplishments of civil rights leader, Martin Luther King Jr. While I welcomed the day off as so many do, I was also reminded that yesterday was an opportunity to do something that honors his legacy. For my husband and I, that means researching and identifying possible volunteer opportunities that are important to us and to follow through with them. However you may have spent that day, it is my hope that you too, find inspiration in his words and work.
As we are closing in on the end of January, we will continue to remain remote while keeping a watchful eye out for any updates on the return-to-school plan. Below is a link to the most recent Return to School Update from January 15th for your reference. We are hopeful that the return to school is just around the corner! By next week at the latest, we will share with you the return to school protocols specifically for King.
While Distribution last Thursday was fairly successful, we still have many learning bags, paper, and Art supplies that were not picked up. If you did not pick up your child(ren)'s materials, you may hear from their teachers this week to make alternative arrangements for pick up.
This week's King Connections includes:
- Return to School Update
- King's Drama Club
- PTO Update- Form to submit with questions and other links.
- January's Character Education Theme: ACCEPTANCE
- Grab and Go Food Distribution
- Link to Massachusetts Travel Updates During Covid
- Dates to Remember
Please be sure to utilize the district tech website if you are having any tech issues.
Please note: The district has created this "Return to Learn" page that includes timely planning updates and resources for families.
King's Virtual Drama Club is back!
King actors and actresses will explore the various components of theater, including warm-ups and team building exercises, character development, and performing for a virtual audience.
The Drama Club will meet every Wednesday from January 13th through February 24th from 4:00-5:00pm and is open to Grades 1-5.
Click HERE for More Information
Please use this form to submit questions to the PTO regarding the current financial situation. We will do our best to answer all the questions in a timely manner.
ParentTeacherOrganization Join our WebSite
Do you want to be able to connect with other parents in your child's classroom? Are you interested in volunteering at a PTO event? Do you want to buy tickets or register for PTO Events? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then visit http://www.kingpto.com today and join the school directory!
Any questions emails email@example.com
January's Character Education Theme of the Month is ACCEPTANCE
Definition: Respecting the differences of other people
“I” Statement:I will accept others for who they are.
What does it feel like to be accepted?
- At home
- In your classroom
- In your community
Why can accepting others be hard sometimes?
What steps can I take to make sure that my words and actions respect everyone’s differences?
Some Book Titles about ACCEPTANCE: Click on the titles for the audio versions!
- Same Same But Different: Jenny Sue Kostecki-Shaw
- It’s Ok to be Different: Todd Parr- (Spanish) (Portuguese)
- Whoever You Are: Mem Fox (Spanish) (Portuguese)
- I am Enough: Grace Byers (Spanish)
- Lovely: Jess Hong (Spanish & English)
- Mixed: A Colorful Story: Arree Chung (Spanish)
- The World’s Family: Miranda Paul
- All My Stipes: Shaina Rudolph and Danielle Royer
- The Name Jar: Yangsook Choi
- The World Needs More Purple People: Kristen Bell & Benjamin Hart
- A Boy and a Jaguar: Alan Rabinowitz
- Since We’re Friends: An Autism Picture Book: Celeste Shally
- Jacob’s New Dress: Ian & Sarah Hoffman
- Red: A Crayon’s Story: Michael Hall
GRAB-AND-GO MEAL PICK-UP EXPANDS FROM FOUR SITES TO ALL FRAMINGHAM PUBLIC SCHOOLS! Click HERE for More Information!
Here is a link that may be helpful to keep up with which states are allowable for travel at a given time.
King School Hours
School Hours 9:05am - 3:20pm
Early Release Days
- Students who are learning remotely are dismissed at 12:00pm. Students who are learning in-person are dismissed at 12:55pm. Lunch IS served.
- Early Release Thursdays: 1/14/21, 3/11/21, 4/29/21, 5/6/21, 5/13/21, 5/20/21, 5/27/21
- Students are dismissed at 12:00pm.
- Lunch IS NOT served.
- Half Days: 11/25 and the last day of school.