Ada E. Yonath History
The Woman Of Chemistry
Childhood Background Info
Her family didn't really have much money so books where only entertainment.
Her Birth day is June 22nd.
Even though her family didn't have much money her family found the money to send her to a very well rounded school.
After her father passed her and her mother became very close the high school that she was enrolled to was very high so she started teaching younger kids math.
After she finished high school she went back to Jerusalem to get her bachelors degree in chemistry in 1962 and her masters in biochemistry in 1964.
Careers and Achievements
- she took up post-doctoral position at the Carnegie Mellon University in the year 1969
- The took up a position at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in 1970.
- From 1979 to 1984, she worked in association with HG Wittmann of the Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics in Berlin.
- she served as the visiting professor at the University of Chicago from 1977-78.
- She Worked With RIbisomes For 20 years.
- In the 80s she came up with alot of techniques that are still used today