PARENT REMINDERS - 5/8/2015
ACE Program Updates
Hello Panther Parents/Guardians,
PANTHER'S 2015 SUMMER CAMP
ZIP, JUMP & SOAR into Summer Camp 2015!!!
During this 5-week long program students participate in activities such as: mathematics, engineering, reading academy, cultural studies, technology, drama, dance, field trips, recreation & more! The Summer 2015 Enrichment Program registration is open to our currently enrolled students and those enrolling in the fall. (It's not open to the general public.)
- Summer Camp Application Deadline - Friday, May 15
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Below are updates about our Texas ACE Afterschool programming.
- Homework Help = is offered every day from 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM our students have the opportunity to begin working on their homework and receive help from our dedicated staff.
- Tutorials/Enrichment = is offered daily from 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM. Students receive more focused help based on their specific needs within this time frame.
- B.M.X. (Boys Making eXperiments) - held on Wednesday's from 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM.
- G.E.M.S. (Girls Exploring Math and Science) - held on Monday's from 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM.
- NOVELty - is still enjoying reading Paradise every Friday from 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM.
- Golf (ends on 5/14) - Thursday from 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM we partner with The First Tee program which helps shape the lives of our youth by introducing them to values inherent in the game of golf.
- Zumba - Dance and have fun every Tuesday and Thursday from 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM at our elementary campus. Parents please joins us and bring your family and friends.
PANTHER FINE ARTS DEPARTMENT
The Fine Arts Department is working hard to prepare for our Spring Blackout show! We truly need your support in helping ensure each participant attends practice from 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM. (see practice days below)
- Band - students are jamming away in preparation for the Spring 2015 Blackout show every Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
- Dance - the dance company is excited about their upcoming Spring 2015 Blackout show. Practice is Monday - Friday.
- Theatre - our actors are rehearsing their lines for the Spring 2015 Blackout show every Monday - Wednesday.
ACE Program Managergbufkin@texasempowerment.org
PARENT APPRECIATION AND BLACKOUT PREVIEW
Tuesday, May 12th, 4:30pm
3613 Bluestein Dr
- Stop by for some refreshments
- Preview our Spring 2015 Blackout show with performances from Band, Dance, Theater
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
TXEA SUMMER CAMP 2015 APPLICATIONS DUE 5/15
Friday, May 15th, 6pm
6414 N Hampton Dr
Grades: K-9 (for school year 2015-2016)
June 15 - July 17, Monday through Friday
· No camp on Friday, June 19th
Early Drop-off 7:15 a.m.
7:45am – 12:45pm
12:45pm – 6:00pm
TxEA Elementary Campus
6414 North Hampton Drive
Austin, Texas 78723
*Breakfast and Lunch will be provided
- 7:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m. - TxEA 21st Century Summer Enrichment Program
“Funded by the 21stCCLC Program administered by the US Department of Education.”
$100.00 A Week Per Child
- 12:45 p.m.-6:00 p.m. - TxEA Summer Enrichment Extended Day Program
- Some field trips will have a fee and it will be noted on the permission slip.
- All campers will need a TxEA Summer Camp T-Shirt for all field trips.
MIDDLE SCHOOL BLACK OUT @ STATE THEATRE - "It All Started With A Beat"
Friday, May 22nd, 7pm
719 Congress Avenue
* TxEA Middle School Office
- $10 Adults/ $5 Children under 12 & Seniors
- Tix Online @ http://tickets.austintheatre.org
Synopsis: Hip-Hop. Once a culture of expression and positive influence, now a mindset of making money- not making people feel good. Hip-Hop is more than a music genre, it is a reflection of the progression of a people. The Drop Squad, made of a B-Girl, DJ, graffiti artist, and MC, take ignorant rappers back in time to understand Hip-Hop as a liberation tool for the masses. Let’s see if they can change…
IMPORTANT UPCOMING EVENTS (UPDATED)
Thursday, May 14 - Last Day of Golf
Friday, May 15 - Summer Camp Applications Due
Friday, May 15 - Progress Reports Sent Home
Friday, May 15 - Elementary Blackout Show - Black Out Too: Tell Me A Story! 7:00 PM @
· Huston-Tillotson Seabrook Chapel
Friday, May 22 - Middle School Blackout Show - "It All Started With A Beat . . . " 7:00 PM @ the State Theater
Monday, May 25 - NO SCHOOL MEMORIAL DAY
Friday, June 5 - Last Day Of School
Monday, June 15 - First Day of Summer Camp
Friday, June 19 - NO CAMP
Friday, July 17 - Last Day of Summer Camp