April 25, 2021
1-1-1 on stage and 1-1-1 in sight reading for both bands at their UIL contests! The Non-Varsity and Varsity Bands both had amazing performances on stage and handled their sight reading like pros! Both groups should be very proud of their work. The band staff is definitely extremely proud of what they have accomplished.
Coming up soon...
Be on the look-out for information about Registration, Band Placement Auditions, and Student Leadership Team applications in the coming days.
The Varsity and Non-Varsity Bands have earned a week off. They will not have any after school rehearsals the week of April 26th. In order to prepare for our spring concert, we will have limited after school rehearsals beginning May 3rd. The Varsity Band will rehearse Mondays and the Non-Varsity Band will rehearse Tuesdays 3:30-5:30pm.
Past Due Band Fees
Unfortunately, fees are a necessary part of our band program. Without collecting student fees, we would not have the resources to provide our students with a high quality band experience. Our funding simply does not cover all of the expenses that are required for our program. We try to keep our fees as low as we can, while also trying to make our students as successful as we can. We ask that you please double check that your are current with your fees.
This year's fees:
- All students are responsible for these fees, virtual and F2F.
- Fees are now past due.
- All students were charged a $200 activity fee.
- Students with a school owned instrument, including percussion, were charged a $100 instrument fee.
- These fees were charged to students' Skyward accounts and must be paid online through Skyward. If need be, payments can be made by cash or check in the band hall. Checks must be made payable to "LCHS" with "Band Fees" and student ID # in the memo line.
If you still owe fees from last school year:
- Those fees were charged through our former data management system CutTime.
- Payments may be made online by logging in to your CutTime account or by sending cash or check made out to "LCHS Band Boosters."
As we approach the end of the year, past due fees may result in the school withholding items such as graduation tickets and/or report cards. If you have any specific questions or concerns about amounts owed or methods of payment, please email Mr. Hudler.
Find the official band calendar on the home page of our band website. We encourage families and students to sync the band calendar to your personal calendar to help keep track of our busy schedule.
We strongly encourage all members of the band to take advantage of private lesson opportunities this year. Lessons are incredibly beneficial to every student from Concert Band to the Wind Ensemble. They help students grow and improve individually, which is the best and fastest way for our band to grow and improve as an organization. This week the band staff will be reaching out to families who expressed interest in private lessons to help set them up and answer any questions. More information about private lessons can be found on our band website along with student applications and contact information for our amazing private lessons staff.