Taylor ISD DuckLink #10
empowering student success and school improvement
Fantastic Organizational Tools
- If you love sticky notes, here are some online tools for you. Padlet / Stixy / Lino
- Organize your travel using TripIt. It turns all your flights, hotel, and rental car confirmation emails into simple travel itineraries.
- Need a simple to-do list app or program for your Mac? Check out Clear.
- Still a great tool! Remember the Milk
- Create a wall that your students can use to share ideas and brainstorm. PrimaryWall
JP's Apps Gone Free!
Here are some apps that recently became free! Be sure to check them out for your students and see if they align with your next lesson. (These apps may not remain free so get them today.)
- iLEAP Reading Comprehension: A Trip to the Zoo (K-2)
- Offline Dictionaries Pro
- Numbers by tinytapps (K-1)
- Recycle Hero for Kids
- MyScript Calculator
- Splashtop 2 Remote Desktop (Usually $19.99)
Are You Integrating? Part IV
- Identify and define relevant problems and significant questions for investigation.
- Plan and manage activities to develop a solution, design a computer program, or complete a project.
- Collect and analyze data to identify solutions and make informed decisions.
- Use multiple processes and diverse perspectives to explore alternative solutions.
- Make informed decisions and support reasoning.
- Transfer current knowledge to the learning of newly encountered technologies.
Ideas to Consider:
- Collect information related to problems and questions for investigation using tools such as Evernote or Wunderlist
- Conduct surveys using tools such as Survey Monkey or Fluid Surveys.
- Create a graph of results using Create-a-Graph or do an offline survey and record your results in Excel.
- Use Powerpoint or Keynote to have students record pictures and text on a project and then share their findings.
- Use online tools such as Livebinders or Snapguide to keep track of various portions of your next project.
Research and Information Fluency https://smore.com/qg1d
See this site to learn more about your particular grade level TEKS for Technology Applications.