Week of: May 7 - May 11
This past week our 3rd and 5th grade students had an opportunity to demonstrate their understanding of the GSE's by taking part in the GMAS - This coming week our 4th grade students will have the opportunity to do the same! A BIG thank you to ALL of our staff and students for exhibiting superb PAWS behavior throughout the school to ensure our testing environment was optimal!
The week ahead is ALL about YOU! The week ahead is the National Teacher Appreciation Week! This week we take a moment to pause, show thanks and appreciate you for ALL that you do to make McAllister great as INCREDIBLE Educators! We know that in order to truly appreciate all that you do it would take much more than a week, but we hope that you feel pampered, loved & appreciated this week ahead.
With an intentional focus of consistency on being curious & crazy for kids you will ALWAYS find a culture that is student focused!
Have a great week!
- May 7 - May 11 - Teacher Appreciation Week (See Details Below - You deserve It!)
- May 16 - Kona Ice - Students will be able to purchase during Recess
- May 18 - Grades Due
- May 21 - District Field Day (RHHS)
- May 23 - Last Day of School - Report Cards & MAP Reports to be sent home.
- May 24 - Joy Crowley's Retirement Breakfast - 7:30 AM - MES
- May 25 - Checklists Due - Last Day Of Teacher Schedule
GMAS Lunch Schedule - Only Monday-Wednesday for Week 2.
Have an INCREDIBLE Week!
Making Moves at McAllister
- Ms. McGinnis knows that parent contact is important when working with children! Ms. McGinnis does not shy away from making important phone calls to ensure all are on the same page! The power of communication!
- Thank you to Ms. Grant Barr and her willingness to accept a last minute change! Flexibility is key!
- Many would describe her as the holder of wisdom, the level headed leader and one that goes the extra mile for her students and team! Thank you for being INCREDIBLE Ms. Daniel!
Resources that you may find useful...
Twitter Chats - Can't Get Enough? Check here for ALL opportunities to connect with PLN's worldwide discussing ALL things awesome in Education. https://sites.google.com/site/twittereducationchats/education-chat-calendar
In a school of over 120 it can be hard to know everyone's name...Have you had a chance to look at the staff directory where pictures of our staff members can be located?
Click here & start welcoming others into your class to see the amazing things you are doing!
Click this link to see all of the awesome things our teachers have posted on twitter this week. Always remember to use the #MESrocks when posting to keep these items united!