Pella Middle School
News from May, 2020
- May 29: Final Day of School & Last Day of Online Learning Opportunities
- June 3: Final Grades Posted on Infinite Campus
- August 13 from 2:00-3:30: New Student Orientation, Tour, and Q & A
- August 19: 1:30 - 3:00 8th Grade Laptop and Locker Item Drop Off
- August 19: 3:30 - 6:00 7th Grade Orientation - more details to come!
- August 19: 6:00 - 7:00 1:1 Laptop Training (1 parent must attend)
- August 20: First Day of 2020-21 School Year
Celebrating 2019 - 2020 School Year
We believe the class of 2025 will naturally slide into the void, and we are confident in their abilities to do so successfully. It has been fun to watch them grow and shine this school year! Each class brings a unique dynamic to the middle school, and we are excited to meet our incoming class of 2026. I hope you have a blessed, fun, and safe summer.
The more you put into something, the harder it is to give it up.
Students Keep Laptops Over Summer
- Unless there’s a need, unplug from technology for a while!
- Continue to charge them periodically overnight because you want to maintain their battery life.
- 6:00-9:00 will remain the normal access time similarly to what it has been since March 13.
- Keep them safe, and parents are able to limit/eliminate usage and access at your discretion.
Please Return Library Books
Please Register for Exploratory Courses, Fine Arts, and Sports!
Learning is not a spectator sport!
Middle School Sports - 2020-21 Participation Expectations
CoVid - Pella High School Summer Sports Begin June 1
We are excited Pella High School will be able to have summer baseball and softball. Please review the letter for student athlete and spectator expectations. Thank you for working with our teams to make this a success!Letter Outlining Expectations.
Class of 2025 Gives Back!
7th Grade Donates $3,010 to charity
Middle School Art - Sculpture Presentation
Typically Mrs. VanWyk displays student artwork around the building, and we love it! However, we were unable to do so this spring, so please take a moment to enjoy some of the amazing sculptures they've created.https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1nu6ooE_CuB1SDBL_gsJO9drQMZJUncwIoRt0sk6DvDA/edit?ts=5ec7fdec#slide=id.p
Pella Middle School Student Council Leadership and Accomplishments
Mrs. Annie Foskett shared her gratitude for their donation in this video. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Nga7dbmD2my50nOkXVgmYV6lrhloBB2Q/view?ts=5ebac374
They also hosted a teacher appreciation breakfast in early May, and those pictures are below. Wow! What a great year of accomplishments, and what a tremendous experience for these students. Thank you, Mrs. Schulz for your guidance and leadership!
Participate Participate Participate !
Please Pass the Love
Please Pass the Love created a list of Iowa counselors currently taking new telehealth clients for therapy. It is current as of 4/17/20. Pinerest is also accepting new clients and offering telehealth.
The Counselor Connection
Please know I am available to help support you in this unique time and all times. If various situations arise, and you or your student would like to consult with a school counselor, please do not hesitate to reach out. I miss seeing our students!
I can best be reached via email firstname.lastname@example.org