A free day of Professional Development 7/7/12
Can you spare a Saturday to learn about new resources and make connections with other educators?
- using iPads in class
- creating your personal brand
- using wikis in the class
- connecting with parents to improve school climate
- developing your PLN using Google+, twitter and blogs
- using digital storytelling tools
- creating an online class using Edmodo
- how blogging can drive a class
Meet us at Trinity Episcopal School
Saturday, July 7th 2012 at 8am-3:30pm
1315 Jackson Ave. New Orleans, LA 70115
A jacket or a sweater.
A laptop with wireless Internet, PDA or iPad. These devices will allow you to view the session board online, take notes, take pictures and view websites discussed throughout the day.
The basic schedule is outlined below. We will provide a more detailed schedule as we get closer to the event.
8:00-8:30 - Registration
8:30-9:30 - Networking and Session Planning
9:30-9:50 - Whole Group Kickoff
10:00-10:50 - Session 1
11:00-11:50 - Session 2
12:00-1:30 - LUNCH / Smackdown
1:30-2:20 - Session 3
2:30-3:20 - Session 4
About EdCamp Louisiana (EdCampLa)
Looking for Professional Development that you can use?
Click here to register
Be a presenter
Show off your 'good work'
Meet like-minded people
EdCampLa is a time to collaborate with other educators
Be prepared to learn
If you like talking to educators who want to perfect their craft, EdCampLa is for you.
This is our 2nd EdCampLa
Hope that you can come out to join us this year. See our website for more information http://www.edcampla.com/
EdCamp Louisiana Organizers:
- Valerie Burton, M.Ed., High School English Teacher, Jefferson Parish School System
- Paula L. Naugle, 4th Grade Teacher, Jefferson Parish Public School System
- Tiffany Whitehead, Teacher-Librarian, Central Community School District
- Carl Gaines Jr., Computer Science Teacher, Chalmette High School/AP Social Studies Instructor, Louisiana Virtual School
- Brian Mull, Director of Innovation, November Learning